❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑎𝑚𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑖❀

The next Monday you take off from work to go on your celebration date with Suga so right after school you rode with him to Shiro Castle. As you close the door to his car, you look up to see a white and black castle with stone surrounding it. You take in a deep breath as you enjoy the fresh air, thankful that you finally no longer need to be home.

"You ready?" Suga calls to you as he notices you're already lost in thought.

"Yes," you nod as you walk up to him.

As the two of you begin to walk away from the car, you can't help but stare at Suga (even more than you usually do and would care to admit). He seems to be a bit too excited for what is supposed to be an ordinary date.

Finally having enough of his strange behavior, you decide to ask him why he's "geeking out so much?"

"Because I'm killing two birds with one stone," he says carelessly.

Your eyes narrow in suspicion. "What are you going on about?" you question him again.

"Shiro Castle is going to be on the exam we have at the end of this week... which you'd know if you ever paid attention in class," he grins teasingly.

You roll your eyes at him. "Of course that's what this is about, you're trying to force me to learn, huh? I doubt that'll work on me."

"You sure about that?" he asks cheekily.

"Mhm," you nod back.

"Alright, L/N," he says before clearing his throat. "Well did you know that centuries ago, this was the residency of a Katakura clan member? It was also used as a vantage point in battle since it's up high."

"This is the worst date I've ever been on," you tell him with a fake yawn.

Suga laughs and slides his hand in yours. "I promise it won't be that bad," he smiles, making your heart skip a beat.

It's sweet of Koshi to try to help me pass my exams, but does he really think I'm going to fail that miserably?! Or maybe he's just a closeted nerd.

Finally reaching the castle, you walk through the main gate and enter into a gorgeous courtyard. The two of you walk through and up the stone step. There, on the side of the castle, you look out onto the green land surrounding you. A gentle breeze blows as you take in the view and think back to what Suga said about the height of the castle.

Just then, you hear a bunch of laughter and look down and over the half-wall to see two men in a suit of armor and kimonos posing for a woman who's taking their photo. You notice that although they're dressed like samurai, they're wearing street clothes underneath. Apparently, Suga notices you watching and ushers you over towards them.

The two of you watch the men until they're done. Then a worker approaches you and asks if the two of you would like your photo taken.

"Oh, uh," you attempt to object, but Suga answers too quickly and passes you off to the worker before you can even blink.

You're taken over to a table where both kimonos and armor are laid out. The worker asks you to pick what you'd like to wear and helps you put it on. When you're done, you go out to look for Suga. That's when you see him dressed in a purple kimono with matching red armor on top, already waiting for you to join him. You smile as you take in his attire as approach him.

Before you can say anything to him, the worker from before calls you to look at her and begins snapping your photo. A male worker shows you different poses and ways to hold your sword for the pictures. Afterward, you go back to change out of the clothes and see that Suga's standing near the photographer and handing her some money.

"Thank you very much," he says happily before walking away.

"What was that about?" you ask as you slide your hand in Suga's, hardly even thinking anything of it.

Suga holds up an envelope about the size of a 4x6 inch photo. You roll your eyes, knowing that you completely fell into his trap yet again.

"I'd pay to see you do that again any day of the week," he chuckles.

"You're such an ass," you sigh as you shake your head. "But I've got to admit, that was pretty fun."

Suga smiles at you and once again leads you up the stone steps into the castle, except this time you go inside. There, you notice that the castle has been converted into a museum on the second floor and shows you a lot about its history. You can't help but actually take interest in the castle now that you've been there and subconsciously learn a bit while the two of you walk around.

Once you're both done looking around and begin to walk back to Suga's car, he wraps his arm around your shoulder. "Did you have fun?" he asks.

"More than I expected," you grin.

"And did you learn something?" he continues to tease.

"Yes," you say with a sigh.

It was actually quite interesting...

"Good, then that's a success to me," he smiles and pulls you closer to him. "Oh, and after graduation, I'm going to take you out again," he adds.

"Where to?" you wonder anxiously.

"I'm not one-hundred percent sure yet," he admits, "but I think when I do know, it's going to be a surprise."