❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑁𝑜𝑡𝑒𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘❀

SUGAWARA'S P.O.V.

As I scroll through Y/N's Netflix account in an attempt to find something for us to watch, I see that she's already watched most of the things I'd pick. I can't help but smile to myself, what a coincidence that we have similar tastes.

But then, Y/N comes through the door and my smile turns into a frown immediately. Her eyes are red and both them and her face are soaking wet as if she'd been bawling her eyes out.

"My mom went to go get the divorce papers," she sniffs.

I jump out of bed the second she starts to cry and pull her into my arms. I let her cry for a while until she begins to calm down. That's when I ask her, "How did it go with your dad?" and I get a reaction I wasn't expecting.

Her grip on my shirt tightens before she speaks. "I hate that asshole so much and it's not fair because he's trying too hard to be better and that makes me the real asshole."

"Y/N," I speak calmly to her, "you're not a bad person for that. It takes time to rebuild a trusting relationship. I'd be worried if you couldn't feel anything negative towards him. Besides, you did a great job of helping him sort out what needed to be done."

"Okay," she sniffs again. "Thank you, Koshi."

I nod and tell her that she's welcome. I then watch as she walks to her desk and grabs a tissue. There, she sees my backpack that looks like it can't hold another thing.

"What did you bring?" she asks with a small giggle.

"Clothes, a blanket for you, and maybe a bit of dinner."

Right away her eyes beam at the last word I said. "Dinner?" she repeats.

I smile and take out two bento boxes from my backpack. I also grab the blanket which, to be more precise, is a picnic blanket. I sit down on it and usher Y/N to do the same. The two of us lean against the side of her bed as I grab her laptop and put on a movie that I had picked out. She's already seen it, so I went with something safe for tonight knowing that she'd like it.

I look over at Y/N who is already digging into her food. I watch the smallest of smiles grown on her face as she realizes what I've put on, which makes me smile too. Every time I see that girl with a genuine smile, I swear it drives me even more crazy. She deserves to be happy so I want to do whatever I can to keep her that way.

Together, the two of us eat and watch the movie. Y/N practically devours her food. The two of us laugh lightly over it, but I feel a bit concerned. I can tell she hasn't been eating all that week lately.

Afterward, we share the popcorn and drinks that Y/N had brought up before. When she's full and tired out, she leans her head on my shoulder. I grab a blanket from the corner of her bed and wrap it around her. Soon, her body becomes limp and I can tell that she's out cold.

Once the movie's over, I pick her up and place her onto her bed. I wrap her carefully in the covers and make sure that she won't fall out. I then quickly clean up the room so she doesn't panic over the mess in the morning. I also put my stuff away in my backpack but leave out my school uniform for the morning.

Then, I look over and make sure that Y/N is still asleep. When I'm satisfied knowing that she won't wake up, I pull out her desk chair and sit down. I open up the notebook that she always brings to class and begin flipping through the pages until I find what I'm looking for. Then, when I do, I quickly rip it out of the notebook and smile to myself knowing that she won't even notice it missing anyway.

I gently place the paper into my own notebook which then immediately goes into my backpack to make sure that Y/N won't see. I then close her notebook and put it back exactly where I found it.

I walk over to Y/N's door and step into the hallway. It seems quiet enough so I don't make a big fuss over worrying about her parents. I go to use the bathroom and when I get out, that's when I hear the commotion from downstairs.

"Well, why the hell would I want her? You think I want to deal with that annoying shit anymore than I have to?"

Being curious, I walk over to the stairs and peak down to the first floor.

"Because you're her mother! Don't you care about what happens to her at all?!"

A long, awkward pause befalls the two of them. I wait, hoping that Y/N's mother won't say something she'll regret. However, Y/N's mother only shakes her head sadly and walks away. As for her father, he sits down by the table and sighs.

Having heard enough, I go back to Y/N's room and shut the door behind me. I then walk over to her bed and lay down beside her. I wrap her tightly in my arms and place a soft kiss on her forehead. I sigh as I think about all the crap that poor girl has to go for. I hope that I'm enough to at least help her get through it. I then close my eyes and attempt to get a bit of rest before morning.

 I then close my eyes and attempt to get a bit of rest before morning