❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑢𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛❀

On the day of graduation, you sit in your chair outside along with the rest of your class as you listen to your principal go on and on with his speech. Bored, you look up in the stands of family members in a game of Where's Waldo with your parents.

Dead center of the crowd sits your mother. Your first reaction is shock that she actually showed up. However, your mood changes when you realize she isn't alone; the boss is sitting next to her.

How messed up, you scoff. But hey, at least she showed up. I was expecting a no-show.

You continue to look around in the crowd, hopeful that your dad is somewhere in the crowd and probably won't be sitting anywhere near your mother. After scanning almost the whole crowd, you give up. You try to forget about your parents and move on. This is supposed to be a happy day for you after all.

When the ceremony ends and your principal congratulates your entire class, parents begin to stand up and applaud. You don't pay much mind until your name is yelled out from the front row.

"Y/NNN!" your dad yells as he cheers louder than anyone in the entire place.

Such an idiot, you think despite the smile growing on your face.

You wave to your dad as you exit from the room. When you finally get a moment to yourself, you smile to yourself.

Of course, I should have looked in the first row, you shake your head.

Soon you spot Suga walking towards you and you wave him over.

"Hey," he smiles as he hugs you, "I saw your mom up in the stands. That was pretty cool that she came!"

"Mhm," you agree, "Although I do wish she wasn't sitting with Sawamura's dad."

"I'm sure she felt guilty when your dad made his presence known," he chuckles.

"You're right about that," you laugh alongside him.

"Suga!" You then hear a vaguely familiar voice call out.

You turn your head to see a bald male run up to you and throw his arms over both you and Suga, obviously all excited even though he doesn't know you.

"Congratulations you two," he beams. "Hey, you're goin' to our party right?!"

"Ah, Y/N, my friend Tanaka is throwing an afterparty for me and the rest of the third-years on the team later on. Would you like to go? You can invite your friend, too," Suga tells you.

"Eh? More girls?!" Tanaka gasps.

"Yeah, I'll go," you giggle. "I'll go find them."

"Wait!" Tanaka continues as he hands you a small piece of paper. "Here's my address, tell them to meet us here. I was saving it for this cute red-haired girl with pigtails but it's fine."

As you turn to walk away, Suga tells you that he'll come looking for you in a few minutes. You wave and part ways as you go to find your friends.

"Ooo, a party! Count me in!" Mayumi cheers.

"Me too," Satsuki nods as she takes the paper with the address written on it, "That sounds fun."

As you continue talking to your friends, you notice your mother standing behind them. You excuse yourself and walk up to her as you take in a deep breath for confidence.

"Hi, mom," you say quietly.

"Congratulations, Y/N," she nods.

"Thanks," you reply with a quick smile.

"Look, I am going to a party with my boss after this, you're welcome to join if you'd like."

"What, so you can parade me around in front of the higher-ups? No thank you," you scoff.

"It's not a party like that..."

"Oh?" you raise an eyebrow. "Is it a party for Sawamura then?"

"N-No, it's not a graduation party. It's a work party. Besides, Sawamura said he was busy."

So she keeps in contact with Sawamura more than she does with me now?

"So dad's going?" you continue to pry.

"Your father isn't going Y/N!" she snaps. "Would you like to go or not?"

"No," you say sharply.

You turn around and begin to walk away, but suddenly bump into a tall figure. You look up and take in the spine-tingling appearance that is Sawamura's father.

"Congratulations," he says with a stiff bow.

"O-oh, thank you," you stutter as you bow back politely before walking away.

You continue wandering around until you find your dad. A hugs weight of stress is lifted off your shoulders at that moment. You aren't sure exactly what brings you to it, but you run up to him and throw your arms around his shoulders.

"You made it," you sigh as you relax into his returning embrace.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he whispers to you.

You sniff back your tears and release him from the hug.

"It did take some convincing for your mother to allow me a day breath from her damn lawyers," he huffs out a laugh, "but it was so worth it."

"I was getting a bit worried you hadn't shown up," you say through wet eyes. "Thank you for coming."

After a little while of talking and your eyes drying, you tell your dad that you're going to head out to an after-party.

"Have fun," he grins, "and I'll see you when you get home. Enjoy yourself and don't worry too much about coming back on time. Just have fun."

"I will," you say as you hug him.

Then, Suga appears next to you almost out of thin air. You take the moment to finally introduce him properly to your father and the two of them chat as though they were old friends.

"Make sure you take care of her, young man," your dad says as the two of you get ready to leave.

"Oh, I will sir," Suga chuckles as he wraps an arm around your shoulders.

On your way out to Suga's car, you notice your mother standing beside the boss again. She glares at you, narrowing her eyes as she watches you walk past. However, you ignore her and continue walking with Suga. A slight smile grows on your face over the thought that you're finally leaving her behind instead of the other way around.

 A slight smile grows on your face over the thought that you're finally leaving her behind instead of the other way around