❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑠❀ 𝑋𝑋𝑋

Friday the 13th can be regarded as an unlucky day in superstition. However, this Friday the 13th of June is Sugawara's birthday. You admit you do worry that something may go wrong but do what you can to stuff those thoughts deep down as you wrap the small watch with the plans of giving it to him later that day.

Upon finishing your gift wrapping, you text Suga and tell him that you'll be by soon to pick him up and go out somewhere. He gladly accepts, his excitement almost oozing through the phone. You aren't sure of where exactly you're going to take him, and instead, grab your purse with the gift inside and walk out to your car.

When Suga gets in the car, he suggests going to Rairaikyo Gorge. You agree, seeing as it is his birthday, and drive him to his requested destination.

After arriving at the Gorge, you and Suga walk up to the edge of a cliff. You hold onto the most unstable fence you've ever seen in your life as you peer down at the water below.

"This would be a cool spot for cliff jumping if there was more water," you smile as you look down at the sharp rocks underneath you.

Suga laughs and nods in agreement. "If only it was a bit safer. This fence is here for a reason, you know."

As he says this, he slaps his hand down in a fish down on the wood fence. Immediately, the wood breaks and falls into the water ten meters down. Together you stand in silence as the reality of the height sinks in for the two of you.

After a while, you walk down to the water through a passageway made of rocks. You slip off your shoes and step your feet into the water with the rest of your belongings, including the purse.

"It's so warm," you sigh as Suga takes off his shoes.

He follows in after you and walks deeper until he's up to his knees in water. He then turns to you and holds out his hand, hoping that you'll walk to him.

You shake your head no. "Sorry, I can't," you say as you clutch onto your purse.

"What?" he teases, "Are you worried you're going to get your phone wet?"

"No," you roll your eyes. "I'm more concerned about the gift I got you."

Suga smiles and walks closer to you. "I don't think it'll get ruined," he continues to tease even though he's no longer in the deeper water.

"You don't even know what it is!" you respond.

"Then can I see what it is?"

You roll your eyes at Suga's childish behavior but walk out of the water to sit on a nearby fallen tree trunk. When you open your purse, you hand Suga the small, wrapped gift. He then begins to open it carefully. His smile widens along with his eyes as he realizes what you got him.

"Where did you get this?" he asks seriously.

"Tokyo," you shrug.

Suga sighs and rolls his eyes. "You were in that jewelry store," he comments.

"Yep, but don't worry about the price. I wanted to get you both a thank you and birthday present so it was worth it," you laugh.

"I'm never leaving you alone again," he chuckles as he pulls you into a hug. He then cups your cheek with his hand and kisses you. "Thank you, Y/N."

When he pulls away from you, you watch as he crinkles the small bits of wrapping paper into his pocket and puts on the watch. As the two of you turn and continue your walk, you pass right by a garbage can. You find it odd that Suga doesn't stop to discard the paper.

Is he going to recycle it?

"I think he's with his lawyer this afternoon," you say to Suga as you open your front door

"Is that so?" Suga hums as he walks into your house behind you.

You smirk and close the door behind you. You then lead him to the living room. He takes a seat on the sofa and pulls you to sit on top of him. You straddle your legs on either side of him and sit on his lap, facing him.

You wrap your hands around Suga's neck and lean yourself in to kiss him. He kisses back and soon, you find his tongue swirling around your own.

Pulling on the end of his shirt, you lift it up and over his head. He continues to kiss you and lay you down on the sofa. Just as he leans over you, you hear the front door open.

"Y/N, I'm home!" your dad calls out.

You immediately throw Suga's shirt to him and fix your clothes to look as though nothing your father would disapprove of was going on in the living room.

"In here!" you call back to him.

When your dad enters the room, you and Suga are sitting innocently on the couch beside each other. Your dad smiles and wishes Suga a happy birthday. Suga thanks him, and your father sits nearby on a chair.

"It is Friday the Thirteenth, so I wish you no back luck, Koshi," he chuckles. "Although... I probably already stole all of the bad luck anyway."

You and Suga look towards each other with worried glances.

"What's wrong?" you ask your dad.

Your dad pulls out a folder from the briefcase he had been carrying. He places it down on the coffee table and slides it towards you. Your eyes widen as you see it's a folder with your mother's lawyer's name written on it.

"You see," he says awkwardly, "I was hit with a legal notice saying that your mother is taking complete ownership of this house."