❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑡❀

Almost a week has passed since you moved in with Suga. Your dad only has a couple of days left to move the rest of his belongings out of your mother's house before she takes it for good. You try not to think too much about it and occupy your time with work, your friends, and Suga's family in the meantime.

Your phone rings one afternoon while you're sitting in Suga's backyard. You excuse yourself from his family as you see your dad's contact come up on your phone.

"Hello?" you answer once you have enough distance to talk privately.

"Y/N! I'm so glad to hear from you. Listen, I think I've found a good place for us and I'd like to meet you there to get your opinion on it," he says through the phone.

"Sure," you say with a breath of relief that he's calling for good news. "Text me the address and I'll meet you there."

After hanging up the phone, you walk back to the others and say, "My dad might have found a place for us to stay. If you don't mind I'd like to go visit."

Suga's parents beam and congratulate you. You smile and thank them. Then, Suga asks if he can join you. You happily accept and together, the two of you ride to the address you were given.

"Huh, it's an old restaurant," Suga comments as you pull the car up to the curb.

"It's Dragon Sushi," you mumble to yourself. "I came here a while back with Sawamura and it was closed down."

"You're right," Suga says as he notices the closure sign on the door. "Why do you think he wants to meet us here?"

"I don't know..." you say as you take the key out of the ignition.

I thought he said he found a place for us to live.

The two of you get out of the car. You pull on the door and luckily, it's unlocked.

"Hello?!" you call out. "Dad, are you here?"

Just then, you hear running from the back room. Soon, your dad jumps out from the back and smiles at you. Your mouth almost drops at the sight of seeing him here.

What the hell is going through his head?

"You made it!" he says happily as he pulls you in for a hug. "I'm so excited to show you the place."

"I remember it," you say as you watch your dad greet Suga, "but why are we here?"

"Well, I think I'd like to start my own restaurant here! I knew the only owner and contacted them when I heard they closed down for relocation," he beams.

"Dad," you say with a half-hearted laugh. "We've only got a few days left until we're leaving Japan. You can't be-"

"It's really nice here, sir," Suga cuts in as he puts a hand on your shoulder. "I can see you doing well here."

"Thank you, Koshi," your dad replies innocently.

Not wanting your dad to fall too deep into his impractical fantasy, you interrupt their conversation. "Don't you think it would have been better to find a place to live 'til we leave?" you ask.

"Eh? But I did! There's an apartment upstairs. Come on, I'll show you."

You look over at Suga who shrugs and begins to follow your dad. You roll your eyes, knowing that Suga's only feeding your dad's imagination even more.

"Isn't this place cool, Y/N?" your dad comments as he leads the three of you upstairs. "We can stay here and work together!"

"Mhm," you say unenthusiastically.

You try to stuff down the feelings of how nice the place would be if you weren't about to move to England and not pay too much attention to your surroundings. Unlike your dad, you're not going to get your hopes up over a dream that won't come true.

Upstairs in the apartment, your dad shows you the bathroom, three small bedrooms, and a kitchen with a small living room attached to it. Afterward, you pull Suga aside with the poor excuse of wanting to pick out which room would be yours.

You walk into a plain room with white walls and wooden floors that creak as you step. You then turn to Suga with a worried look on your face and see that he's already one step ahead of you.

"It's pretty obvious that you're not happy. I'm not quite sure how your dad doesn't see it. What's wrong?" Suga asks immediately as he closes the door behind himself. "This place is really nice and I'm glad that your dad found something like this so quickly."

"It's just that..." you cross your arms and look away from him, "my dad is going to be so heartbroken when we have to leave."

Suga walks towards you with an understanding expression written on his face. He pulls you in for a hug and comforts you for a moment.

"I won't lie to you, he is in denial about the move but at least he's going to make the most out of living in Japan while the two of you are here," he says.

"You're right," you sigh. "Thank you for being so nice to him... I wish I really could stay here."

"Me too," he hums as he releases you from the hug. "It would have been fun working downstairs."

"Oh yeah?" you laugh. "And who would offer you the job?"

"So cold, Y/N," he fakes a shiver.

"Alright, come on. Let's check out the rest of the place," you smile as you take Suga by the hand and lead him out of the room. "Maybe I should pick out a room for myself."