❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑐ℎ 𝑉𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑡❀

The next day at school you find your usual seat beside your silver-haired acquaintance. Although, you do your best to avoid any form of interaction with him, not knowing what you would say anyway after last night. You can't help but feel awkward over waiting on him and his friends the night before, not to mention the extra tip he gave you.

Soon, a paper lands on your desk. You recognize it as the quiz you previously took. Gazing over at the red score on your paper, you see a fat C- written on top.

At least I passed, you sigh to yourself.

You then look over at the boy beside you and find an A- written on his page. Your eyes widen as you see the score.

How the hell did he pull that off? Maybe he is smart.

Another sigh rings from your ears, yet it's not your own. You look up to find that you've caught the attention of the one person you wish you hadn't. He shakes his head as he gazes down at your paper.

"So much for that solid C, eh?"

You cross your arms and narrow your eyes as you try to decipher whether he's being rude or not. "What's that supposed to mean?" you ask.

"Nothing," he shrugs, "but if you want, I happen to know someone who tutors." He then gets up to throw something away.

I can't tell whether he's super mean or super nice. Either way, there's something about him that makes him hard to stop thinking about... Wait, was he referring to himself as a tutor? Why would he want to tutor me?

You spend the remainder of the class pondering these ideas as you continue to block out whatever your teacher had been lecturing about.

Then, after class, Mayumi and Satsuki come to your class to eat with you. Although it wasn't something the three of you did, you don't question it for a while.

"I brought lunch for you two today," Satsuki grins as she pulls out a small container for you and Mayumi.

"No way, no way! Thank you so much, Satsuki!" Mayumi begins to thank her profusely.

The two of you open up the specially made containers and find rice and steamed vegetables inside. Your eyes widen at the delicious-looking meal. "Wow, Satsuki," you say as your mouth begins to water, "this looks amazing!"

As you begin to eat your food, you catch Mayumi nudge Satsuki and nod to something behind you. You subtly glance up at them as they look past you.

Turning around, you see your annoying classmate eating with two others you saw him with yesterday at the restaurant.

The ones who needed menus...

You turn back around to your friends and see that they're back to eating their food.

"What were you guys looking at?" you feign confusion.

Mayumi shrugs. "Nothing, you're just lucky that you're in class with a bunch of cute guys," she says with her mouth half full.

Your face heats up as you see through what Mayumi's saying. "Yeah, it's all I think about," you say sarcastically.

Mayumi sticks her tongue out at you playfully. "That explains your grades," she teases.

"Mayu!" you gasp, "You-"

"Okay, settle down you two," Satsuki interrupts you. "Y/N, it's really nothing to worry about."

"Thank you," you say between bites of food. "And if you're interested in what Mayumi told you about that grey-haired annoyance, there's nothing to know. Whatever she told you is probably a dramaticization of the truth."

"Heyyy!" Mayumi defends herself.

"You're probably right," Satsuki chuckles, "but I'm glad you found a new friend anyway."

You roll your eyes. "For what? Two months? That hardly sounds like a friend- I wouldn't even call him my friend," you huff, "Just someone who keeps me less bored in class sometimes."

"Isn't that what friends do?" Mayumi grins, "Ya know, entertain each other?"

"That's not always true," you argue your case, "people can be entertaining, but you can still not like them."

"What?!" Mayumi asks confusedly.

You cross your arms and think of an example to better explain. "Like when my parents yell about meaningless crap to each other. It makes me laugh at their stupidity, but it doesn't mean I like to be there or be near them."

"Poor Y/N," Mayumi rubs your back. "You poor thing with your family issues."

"You're one to tal- Ouch!" you squirm out of her touch.

Your two friends look at you with confusion and Mayumi pulls her arm away from you hurriedly.

"S-sorry..." she mumbles.

"Is your back okay?" Satsuki chimes in.

"Y-yeah, fine. I probably just strained it last night somehow. Don't worry about it."

"Okay," they both try to smile before turning back to their lunches.

The rest of the lunch was quiet amongst the three of you as you finish eating. Once lunch was over, you find yourself alone with your thoughts again.

"Hey Y/N," the kid beside you hums, "about last night... please don't think anything of it. I could tell you felt uncomfortable waiting on us and wanted to thank you. That's all."

"O-oh," you look away from him. "Sure, but I didn't think anything bad of it," you lie.

"I'm glad," he smiles. "So you're new there?"

"Eh? How'd you know?"

"It's kinda my team's go-to spot after our games," he says as he rubs his neck. "I've seen your friend there before, but not you."

Mayumi made it sound like she didn't see them often... I'm going to kill that girl.

"Volleyball, right?" you ask as you remember seeing him walk into the gym.

"Yep," he nods, "We're actually pretty good this year if I say so myself. Our game was televised last night."

"Televised?" you think back to how your dad was watching a game before you came home last night, "D-did you win?"

"Mhm... Although I didn't get much playtime," he admits deflatedly.

"Aren't older students on the starting-"

"Yeah," he waves off the comment, "but I let someone else fill my role."

"Got it..." your words trail off as you move away from the touchy subject. "So, uh, anyway-" your sentence is then interrupted by the bell.

"Don't worry about it," he smiles sweetly as he grabs his bag, "I've got practice now, but I'll talk to you later."

"Suga!" someone with a high-pitched voice calls from behind, stealing the attention of whom you were talking to.

Suga! That's it! You sigh as you finally remember his name.

"Bye, Y/N!" Suga calls as he runs to the door.

You wave and see him approach a short, orange-haired boy before disappearing from view.