❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑜❀

In the kitchen, you turn to see Suga with a flustered expression on his face. As you begin to examine it, confused as to its cause, he notices and quickly attempts to cover it up by pulling away from you.

"Do you have an apron?" he asks as he looks around.

You point to the pantry and tell him that there are a few in there. Then, you walk over to the refrigerator in what would be a failed attempt to find something not too difficult for him to make. He is your guest after all. You wouldn't want him slaving away in your kitchen.

Just then, you feel something go over your head. You look down and see that Suga has placed an apron on you. You turn around to him and see a big smirk on his lips.

"I thought you were going to make something," you comment before watching him place an apron on as well.

"You expect me to do it without you?" he shakes his head, "You should learn, you kinda... need practice."

"Hey! That's-"

Suga grabs you by the hips and spins you around. Your words are cut off by shock and a bit of embarrassment. He quickly ties the back of your apron together, although to you it seems like forever as you stand exceptionally still for him. Once he's done, he proudly announces it to you and spins you around again, the same way as before.

Now facing Suga, you're way too close to him then you should be. If you moved a centimeter closer, you'd be right on top of him. And for that reason, you can't help the panicked look on your face. As for Suga, he seems to be in a state of pure bliss.

"Alright, Y/N. Can you get the ricer for me?" he says sweetly.

"R-right," you stammer as you back away from him.

You walk away, cursing to yourself at your behavior. You grab the ricer with shakey hands and bring it to the counter nearby Suga.

"Can you cook rice?" he asks as he looks at you worriedly.

"Seriously?" you scoff. "I'm not a complete lost cause."

"Okay, calm down," he chuckles, "I was just making sure."

You roll your eyes but continue with your job. You get out the rice and watch as Suga begins looking around your kitchen for something. Just as you're about to ask if he needs help, he pulls out a saucepan and a handful of ingredients.

"C'mere," he nods to you, "I'm going to teach you how to make miso soup."

"Wha-"

"It's super easy, you don't need to worry too much," he says as he pats your head and walks away.

Suga grabs a measuring cup of water and dashi and hands it to you.

"Pour this in," he smiles as he gently passes it to you.

As you do, he brings over a container of miso paste and slowly pours some in little by little. You begin to stir the soup. When he's gone, he chops up squares of tofu and hands them over to you, asking you to put them in the soup.

Then, you notice Suga wash a group of green onions and place them on the counter.

"I'll stir," he says as he takes the spoon you were using to stir. "You know how to chop those?" he asks as he nods at the onions.

"Of course I do," you say nervously as you pick up the knife next to the cutting board.

You begin to slowly chop the onions one by one, begin extremely careful not to cut yourself while keeping your hands as far away as possible. You only stop after hearing Suga sigh. You look over and see him shaking his head.

"Did anyone ever teach you how to cook?" he asks seriously.

You look down at your mediocre work before you, feeling a mix of anger and sadness. "No," you quietly admit.

"That's great!" Suga beams.

Looking over at him, you see a great smile on his face. You scoff at the expression. "Do you always have to make fun of me?"

"I'm not," he says as he puts down the stirring spoon, "I'm glad that I can teach you."

"What?!" you ask as your face begins to heat up.

Suga walks behind you and glides his arms down your own, placing his hands on top of yours. He then grabs a few of the onions and shows you how to cut, quickly and evenly. However, the blood pumping to your brain is too overwhelming for you to fully comprehend what he's showing you.

"Good job!" he says happily as he backs away.

"Thanks," you squeak out as you scrape the newly sliced onions into the soup.

Suga begins to stir the pot again for a bit before taking a sip. You watch anxiously for any kind of facial expression, worried that you might have messed it up somehow. You feel a breath of relief wash over you as he smiles and tells you that it's really good.

You want to try it badly to satisfy your lingering doubts, but Suga turns off the stove and asks you to get some bowls. When you return, he quickly serves the soup.

Excited to finally try the food, you bring both of the bowls over to your table and sit down beside it.

"Enjoy," Suga smiles as he watches you lean over your bowl with excitement.

Unbeknownst to you, he watches curiously as you take your first sip. Immediately, your eyes widen and you pass him a genuine smile. "It's so good!" you beam.

"It was a quick meal," he chuckles, "but now you know how to make something decent."

"Ah, shit!" you stand up excitedly upon remembering, "I completely forgot about the rice!"

Luckily, your ricer turns off automatically so the rice is just fine. You serve two fresh bowls of rice by yourself and bring them over to the table where your friend sits.

"Thanks," he nods. "See, you're making progress and you're a quick learner! Next time I'll have to come up with something more difficult."

Upon hearing his words, a knot forms in your stomach. Once again, you realize that he's got no idea about your move. And to make matters worse, you don't know how to tell him that you're leaving.

When you finish your soup, you clean up the plates quietly, still worried about how, and if, you should break the news to him.

Noticing your behavior, Suga walks up to you. "Are you okay? It seems like something's been bothering you since we started eating. Did you not like the food?"

"Of course I did!" you reassure him in a panic. "It's nothing, I'm just worried about my parents," you lie.

Suga smiles. "I'm sure they're off having fun somewhere."

"Partying," you scoff. "That's definitely true."

After finishing the dishes, you walk over to where Suga's sitting.

"Hey, did you need to get going? It's kinda late and dark... Wait, you didn't even bring your car!"

"Don't worry about me," he shakes his head. "I live right around the corner."

"In that case, do you want to stay..." you ask, not wanting to be left alone for yet another evening.

Suga once more smiles his intoxicating grin. "If you don't mind."

"