❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡❀

On the following morning, you wake up cuddled close against Suga's warm body. As you shift in closer to him, he lets out a relaxed sigh and says "good morning" before kissing you on your forehead.

"Morning," you say sleepily. "Let's go back to sleep."

Suga chuckles tiredly. "I'd like to but we've got to check out and have a long ride home ahead of us."

"Okay," you sigh as you hug yourself closer to him, "but I wish we could stay here longer."

"Me too," he smiles.

Once you've made your way out of bed and into the bathroom, you look in the mirror to see the sides of your neck littered in hickeys. Shit, you think to yourself, I don't have anything to cover them up.

You look around the bathroom for anything you can use to prevent the obvious marks from standing out, but soon give up upon realizing there's nothing you can do until you get home.

When the two of you are done in the hotel room, you walk downstairs towards the receptionist. The moment she notices you walking towards her, a bright smile blooms on her face. To you, it seems as though she's happy to have you leave. You're not quite sure why, though. It's not like you were bad guests.

As you wait for Suga, you look outside and see the employee that's around your age whom Suga seems not to like. You smile to yourself at the thought of how shook up the poor boy has been every time the two of you are around. It's not that you find the employee's pain funny, but the way Suga acts around him is almost ridiculous.

You walk outside and look around, taking in the view of Tokyo that you'll miss when you leave. That is when the young employee walks up to you.

"D-Do you need help with anything?" he asks worriedly as he looks past you for Suga.

"Mmm, no," you tease, "I'm just waiting for my fiancé."

"Huh?! O-oh okay. Would you like me to help you look for him?"

"No thank you," you shake your head.

You watch the boy curiously as he looks around the area. It seems as though he realizes the two of you are alone just before tensing up as still of a statue.

Man, what did Koshi do to this kid?

Just then, Suga comes out and greets you. You smile and hug him as he approaches you.

"Oh!" the boy jumps excitedly as he sees Suga. "There's your fiancé!"

Your face heats up as the employee speaks. You turn to Suga and see a giant grin expanding on his lips.

"Oh... haha... thank you," you say nervously.

Suga blinks and looks between you and the employee for a second before changing the mood and asking for him to pull up the car.

"Right away sir!" he nods before practically running away.

When the employee leaves, Suga gives you an almost sadistic look. "Fiancé?" he teases.

"Don't overthink it," you roll your eyes. "I was just messing with him."

Suga laughs at your response. "Alright, Y/N."

"Hi, dad! We're home!" you call out as you open up your front door

"Y/N!" he yells out from far away. "Welcome home! I'm in the living room!"

You nod to Suga and together the two of you walk through your house to the living room. There, you find your dad sitting with Daichi on the couch. Immediately, Daichi's eyes land on your hickeys as if they've been trained to notice any slightly visible mark on your body.

You quickly push your hair over your shoulder before your dad turns around to see you.

"How was your time in Tokyo?!" he asks with a smile.

"It was great," you respond.

You then excuse yourself from the room and bring your bag upstairs for later unpacking. When you come downstairs, you're straight away cornered by Daichi before you could set foot back in the living room.

He looks down at your neck before looking at you with worry-filled eyes. "What happened to you?" he asks.

"What? Nothing happened to me, Sawamura," you play dumb.

You laugh an awkward chuckle and attempt to get by him, but with a swift grab on your wrist, he turns you back to face him.

"He isn't hurting you, right?" he continues to pry.

"No," you sigh. "Sawamura, they're uh..."

Immediately he realizes his mistake and looks flustered with embarrassment. "Forget it," he says as he clears his throat. "I didn't mean to pry."

"It's okay," you giggle at his reaction. "I'm fine. You don't have to worry."

Daichi's face goes back to concern and nods to you. "Good. I'm glad."

"Anyway," you ask, changing the subject. "What did you come over for?"

"Well..." he says as he rubs the back of his neck. "My dad and your mom thought it would be best if I came to talk to him. You see, he's still bound by contract to go to England for work as long as my dad goes despite everything that has happened... That, uh, goes for you, too, since both your parents are going."

"Are you shitting me?!" you can't help but yell to express your anger. "That's absolutely ridiculous! Why can't they just leave him alone!"

Daichi shrugs and looks at you sadly. "I wish I could help but I don't know what I could do," he admits.

"It's not for you to worry about," you sigh. "I'll talk to him."

Together, you and Daichi go back to the living room where your dad and Suga are sitting and talking.

"Dad, what're we going to go?" you ask him.

His eyes darken with obvious anger towards the boss and his ex-wife. "I don't know but I'm not going to that damn country with those fuckers," he huffs. "And I'm sure as hell you don't want to go either."

You nod in agreement and sit down beside him.

"If I could have it my way," he sighs, "I'd like to find another job and support the two of us on my own."

Hearing this, you can't help but feel your eyes begin to water. Just hearing that your dad cares enough to take care of you is all it takes for you to feel better.

"Thank you," you whisper to him. "The two of us will figure this out together."

He nods and hugs you back. "Thank you, Y/N, for not giving up on me."

"