❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐺𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑒𝑛𝑠❀

On Saturday morning you wake up to none of the usual racket from your parents so you decide to let yourself sleep in, getting the rest you so desperately needed.

Once you're finally awake, you go downstairs to make breakfast. On the kitchen table, you find a note from your parents.

Y/N~ Work called us in early this morning for an emergency. We'll probably be back late, too. I expect to see your car in the driveway when we return! XOXO

"What bull," you huff as you throw away the letter into the nearby garbage can. "I'm going out. I don't start work 'til Monday."

Afterward, you sit and eat your breakfast alone. It felt strange to eat when you were by yourself and not in a rush. You felt a bit of relief rush over you. Thinking you should continue this nice day you decide to head to Yuri Garden, the first place on your list.

You pack yourself a lunch consisting of two sandwiches and some fruit and place it into your backpack for a picnic at the gardens. A smile blooms on your face as you walk upstairs and get ready to go.

Finally arriving at Yuri Gardens, you approach a wooden building surrounded by purple flowers and green vines

Finally arriving at Yuri Gardens, you approach a wooden building surrounded by purple flowers and green vines. Inside you find a cute flower shop with customers lining up to buy flowers, seeds, pots, and even gardening equipment.

Wow, the gardens must be somethin' else if all these people got inspired.

On the other side of the flower shop, you finally see the gardens. Rows of red, yellow, purple, and even more colors of flowers go as far as your eyes can see. In the middle of it all lies a large tree. One that you think would make the perfect spot for your picnic.

As you make your way through the gardens you look around at the other visitors. There seemed to be so many people inside the store, but outside it was like you had the whole gardens to yourself.

Making your way over to the tree, you walk around to the shaded side. There you gasp at the sight of a familiar face lying against the tree.

"Y-you stalker!" you half-shout to him. "How did you know I was here, you creep?!"

"Eh?" he looks up at you with a tired expression. "Oh, Y/N!"

"What are you doing here?" you ask again in a huff, a bit pissed that he's here to ruin your day.

"Well this was one of the places you had on your little checklist, remember?" he grins sweetly. "I wasn't expecting you to be here."

"Y-you weren't?" you begin to let down your guard as you believe him, although you don't completely want to.

"No. Besides I got here first. Are you following me?" he smirks.

"N-no! Why would I..." you sigh and take a seat beside him.

"It's really amazing here, isn't it?" Suga comments.

You look over at him and see the gentle smile on his face as he looks out at the field of flowers. You can't help but hum in response as you stay mesmerized by his features.

"Thanks," he says as his smile fades and he turns to you with a more serious expression.

"For what?"

"Giving me a place to come and relax," he sighs.

He must be referring to volleyball again...

"O-oh. Yeah, I kinda need it too, to be honest," you admit as you look down to your lap.

Silence befalls the two of you, both sucked into deep thoughts you wouldn't share. Only by an empty feeling in your stomach are you returned to reality.

"Hey, I brought a lunch if you want some," you break the tension.

"You did?" he says as if that's something totally confusing. "I thought you, uh, had trouble bringing lunch to school. Your friend-"

"Yeah, well, mornings bet pretty busy for me. My friends and I all get to school pretty early for... different reasons."

Suga nods and you turn to grab your backpack from beside you. You then pull out your lunch and open the box to reveal the two sandwiches you made.

"Two, hm?" Suga chuckles. "I thought you said you weren't expecting me here."

You roll your eyes. "I wasn't. I just happened to bring extra in case I was here for a while and got hungry, but it's fine. You can have it."

Suga thanks you as you hand him one of the sandwiches. You watch as he takes a bite and his eyes widen before looking at you and smiling.

"What?" you ask flatly. "Is it that bad?"

"It's, uh, it's good," he nods.

"You're a horrible liar, Suga," you narrow your eyes.

"Ah, so you do remember my name," he laughs and changes the conversation.

"W-what?! Why would you think I didn't know your name," you ask nervously.

"Nothing," he grins before taking another bite out of the sandwich.

"You don't have to eat it if you don't want to," you sigh.

"I'll eat it," he nods, "just maybe let me bring the food next time."

"Next time?" you scoff. "I doubt a coincidence will happen like this again." You feign being dense, hoping he'll quit bugging you and move on.

"Who said anything about coincidences? What's wrong, Y/N? You don't like hanging out with me?" he smirks as he watches your eyes darken.

"I do," you look away as your face heats up, "but that doesn't mean I want to go out with you-"

"Hmm, I don't think that's what I said," he folds the sandwich wrapping and stands up. "But if that's what you want then I wouldn't be opposed."

Finally gaining a bit of courage to look at him again, you see that he's extending his arm out to you. You scoff, but take it and in an instant, you're standing on your feet.

"Not happening, pretty boy," you grin before grabbing your belongings.

"Okay," he shrugs, "then I guess I'll see you at school."

You nod. "Yep, see ya," you wave as he turns to walk away.

You watch him as he walks away, a bit honestly disappointed in yourself for turning him away like that. For a moment you get the urge to call to him, but decide against it, thinking that whatever moment just occurred between the two of you was all in your head.

A/N: This chapter is inspired by Yakurai Garden which is a real landmark in Miyagi. I hope I did it justice!

 I hope I did it justice!