❀𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠❀

"This is me," you smile at Daichi when you arrive at your house.

"Wow, the house is bigger than I remember," he comments as he looks past you.

"My parents did a lot of work to it since then," you sigh. "I guess you can thank your dad for that."

"Right," he says as the sad look returns to his face.

Something isn't right with him. I can tell there's something really bothering him. I hope he's okay...

"Anyway," you pick up the conversation again, "thanks for walking me. I'll see you at school on Monday!"

You give Sawamura a hug and wave goodbye. You watch as he walks away before unlocking your front door and walking inside.

Inside, you hear the sound of the television. You walk over and find your dad with an upset look on his face as he watches whatever random commercial comes on.

"Hi Dad, I'm home for the night," you say as you sit beside him on the couch.

He smiles over at you and welcomes you home. "Your mother isn't home yet, so you don't need to worry about the time, although you are back quite late."

"Ah, don't worry about me," you sigh, "I'll be fine. What're you watching?"

The two of you turn your attention back towards the television.

"Baseball," he mutters.

"Wow, you haven't watched that in a while! Not volleyball tonight?"

"No," he grumbles again.

"Okay... Um, how's everything going at work?"

Your dad continues to look straight at the television, but his face looks flustered. He opens his mouth to say something, but at the same time the door opens again and your mother stumbles in drunk.

"Y/NNNN!" she attempts to call out sweetly to you, "Come take my purse please, darling."

You run over to her, knowing that you'd face her wrath if you didn't. You go to take the bag from her but instead, she collapses her hands on your shoulders and leans onto you.

"Stay there for me," she hums as she begins to take off her shoes.

"So, mom, how was your night?" you ask.

"Amazing," she beams. "Darling, can you help me get to my room?"

You nod and help her wrap her arm around your shoulder. She leans against your side as you help walk her over to her room.

"What'd you do tonight?" you continue to press, hoping to get some kind of solid answer from her.

"I was at the boss' house," she groans, growing tired of your questioning.

You continue the walk in silence as you walk her over to her bed. There, you sit her down. "Ahh," she sighs as she lays down in front of you. "Good job, Y/N."

"Mom, I was wondering, was the boss' son there? He's about my age, right?"

"No, he wasn't," she says sleepily.

"I wonder what happened to him," you think aloud.

"Oh my god," she groans, "stop asking so many questions. He just wasn't there tonight!"

"I'm sorry," you say as you look down.

As you look away from your mother, it catches you by surprise to see her arm extend out towards you and slap you across the face faster than you would expect judging by her current energy level.

"Stop making me repeat myself!" his voice booms, the sweet facade now completely gone. "Go, and close the door. I need quiet time to lay down."

"Okay," you say quietly before walking over to the bedroom door.

You take a quick glance over at your mom and see that she's waiting for you to leave.

"Oh, darling, before you go..."

Here we go again. What now?

"How was your date?"

"My date?! It was, um, fine..."

"That's nice honey," she sighs before rolling away from you and falling asleep.

You watch the bed for a moment, waiting for her to give you yet another order before you go. However, you soon hear a faint snore. You take that as a sign to close the door.

When you get back out to the main room, you see your dad putting on a light jacket and gathering his phone and keys.

"You're going out?" you ask in disbelief, "It's super late..."

He sighs and looks over at you. Immediately he notices the fresh mark that was just left on your face, but decides against bringing it up.

"I am," he admits. "I would rather not be at home with your mother right now."

"Why? W-What's going on with you two?" you desperately ask.

Could my mom actually be cheating on my dad with the boss? It's possible, but there's no way she would seriously do that.

Your dad kisses you on the forehead before he zippers up his jacket. "I'll be back soon," he tells you. "You don't have to lock up the house."

"Okay..." you say quietly as you watch him leave out the front door.

You walk up to your room and fall face-first down on your bed. Your mind begins to wander to your mom and everything she's said about the boss.

Soon, you feel a buzzing from your pocket. You decide to ditch your negative feelings in the hopes that one of your friends is texting you to help keep your mind off it all.

To your confusion, you see that it's a random number that has texted you. You decide to unlock your phone to check out the text. When you do, you see a text along with a suggested contact for Koshi Sugawara.

Suga!? How'd he get my number?

SUGA: I got your phone number from a group project we did together last year. Please don't call me a stalker again.

You think back to last year and remember that you did, in fact, have some English project with him. You remember actually learning from that project, too. You wonder if it had anything to do with him being in the group.

Suga wishes you a good night and lets you know that he's glad you got home safely. He admits he was a bit sad that he didn't get to see you home, but is happy to know you are okay.

You wish him a good night and place your phone back on your nightstand to charge. Within ten minutes from then, you're already fast asleep.

 Within ten minutes from then, you're already fast asleep