Byron x Reader (The Bargains & Deals to Make) *Request*

(Third Person Pov)

(Y/N) sat at the bar of Barley's place with a drowsy expression. They had slept in a little longer than usual and unfortunately missed the breakfast rush, making them feel a bit annoyed. "Hrmmm..." They looked around the bar, noting that there weren't as many people here today. Weird. Usually, there would be the loud chattering of citizens and brawlers or Bull and Bibi causing a ruckus in the back.

"You seem distracted (Y/N)..." Barley murmured sheepishly, making (Y/N) come to their senses. "Where is everybody? There's hardly anyone out today.." Barley brushed his metallic mustache with a soft, thoughtful hum. "Now that you mention it, there really isn't anyone on the streets either."

He looked to his beloved customer with a shrug. "I went to get supplies and I only ran into Rico and Piper." (Y/N) listened to the bot and sighed wearily. "I guess that means another boring day then-" "We've got a problem!!"

Colt shouted as he slammed the doors of the bar open, making Barley and (Y/N) jump. "I believe you spoke too soon." Barley chuckled as Colt walked over to the bar with the click of his spurs following him.

He walked next to where (Y/N) sat and placed his hand on the counter, leaving what looked like a poster. "Oh. Another advertisement?" Barley said as he shook his head. "Terribley sorry sheriff, but I don't want anymore-" "No, no, no! You're missing the point!" Colt grumbled as (Y/N) picked up the parchment.

It was indeed an advertisement but it wasn't anything like (Y/N) had ever seen before. It seemed to be supporting the sales of poisons and odd oils for potions and spells. "'The Traveling Snake Merchant..?" (Y/N) muttered with a sort of questioning tone to their voice. "And what do you expect us to do with this sir..?" They asked with a cocked brow.

"The man who sells these weird things is a criminal! A murderer..." Colt stated seriously as he looked between the two. "I hear he's coming here! To the town! And I'm not the only one who has heard. People are locking themselves in their homes, already aware of the man."

(Y/N) and Barley exchanged glances and then looked back to the red-headed man. "Alright, Colt. We'll be on the lookout." Barley stated as he continued to speak with the sheriff. What they didn't know is that (Y/N) continued gazing at the poster.

They always had a little knack for poisons and oils. Whether it is to solve the rat problem in their house or to experiment to make antidotes, they always enjoyed stuff like that. Of course, it was just their little secret.

No one ever expected the precious (Y/N) in the woods to be a wizard/witch...

(Y/N) looked to Colt with a soft gaze and smiled gently. "Sheriff, if I may..." They started, making the two gentlemen look at them. "What does this man even look like? What's his name even? It will be hard to find a man whom we have no information on." 

They spoke innocently as if they really wanted to catch this man. Colt smiled and put his hands on his hips as he leaned against the bar. "He's an older man who goes by the name Byron. White hair, small glasses, thin and tall. He sticks out like a sore thumb. You can't possibly miss him if you see him."

(Y/N) nodded gently as they rose from their seat, paying for the drink they had before. "I'll look out for him! Don't worry!" They chirped with a smile and winked at the two. "I'll head straight to the sheriff's department if I see him." They lied with crossed fingers. 

Colt nodded with a grin as Barley waved and cleaned (Y/N)'s old glass. "Thank you. It means a lot!" He said as (Y/N) walked out of the bar with a devious smirk. 'Byron huh? Better stay sharp as I promised~' They thought as they skipped carelessly through town.

--------------------------------

The sun was slowly setting, leaving the skies a beautiful pink and orange. (Y/N) was at their little hut, cleaning up around the yard before they headed out. They wore a dark cloak and carried a (favorite color) backpack under the fabric.