Barley x Reader -Alt. Universe- (Long Live The King) *Request*

This fanfic is based off of this fan-made skin for Barley. I really liked it and I wanted to write a bit of a story involving it. Please go check of Lesbianboy on Instagram! (Their information is on the amazing drawing!) They're a delight and a kind soul for letting me write about this skin!!

 Please go check of Lesbianboy on Instagram! (Their information is on the amazing drawing!) They're a delight and a kind soul for letting me write about this skin!!

Note: This takes place in an alternate universe. (A different world from the one I usually write in) Happy reading! :)

(!WARNING!)
Blood warning

(Third Person Pov)

The kingdom was corrupt with the town's own selfish desires. People fought for money, stole for food, struggled to find safe places to hide. You had to stay on your feet and keep your eyes open for any danger that could harm you or the ones you loved. Looking down on all the chaos was a large castle. The king was far from human and controlled the insanity from above. He looked down from a large window, gazing at all the townspeople, human and mechanic alike, fighting for survival.

The king looked bored as he watched the minor subjects fight among themselves. He has seen this scenario play out day after day. There was nothing new to see.

As he was about to turn back to his throne, a rather peculiar figure caught his single eye. A figure in a dark hood quietly and quickly weaved their way through the crowd.

They gripped onto a bag that was tightly shut but, the shimmering pink, gold and purple colors found their way to the king's pupil.

With a snap of his metallic fingers, a robotic knight rushed to his side and kneeled before him.

"Yes, your majesty?" The king lifted a finger and delicately pointed down to the hooded figure. The knight's eyes followed to where he pointed.

"Bring that person to me alive. They have jewels in their bag." The knight nodded an rushed out of the throne room to rally up more guards.

The king watched as the hooded figure turned the corner. He stroked his mustache with curiosity in his eye. (I know the drawing doesn't have stache, just go with it)

"What are you up to, worm?" He muttered to himself. As he walked back to his throne, guards began flooding out of the palace to search for the mysterious person.

This person ducked through many nooks and crannies to get to a hidden area, completely unaware of what would soon come.

Finally they reached an area where a man was hunched over a fire with two small childern.

A small boy looked up to the hooded figure with sad eyes. Those eyes soon were filled with glee as he hopped to his feet.

"*gasp* (Y/N)!" The other child, who was a little girl, hopped up as well and ran to the person in the cloak, hugging them tightly.

The mysterious person chuckled as they hugged the two kids and smiled. The man got to his feet and dusted off the rags he wore.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned as the figure gave him a hug as well. They reached deep within their bag and held out a handful of glistening gems and coins.