Edgar x Reader (I Call Dibs!) *Request*

(Third Person Pov)

The city was booming with lively energy. People flooded the streets, traffic was intense and every shop was filled to the brim with customers. Colette and Edgar worked the registers as Griff was absolutely beaming. His eyes shown dollar signs as he greedily rubbed his hands together. "No slacking off you two!~ Business is BOOMING!" He said with a cackle as he ran to his office with a hand full of cash. Edgar rolled his eyes with a groan as Colette cackled and zoomed all over the place to keep customers wanting more.

"This is WILD!" Colette screeched as Edgar finished with a customer, scoffing softly. "Whatever. Today sucks. I hate weekends." He grumbled in annoyance as he continued working on the cash register. 

The two continued working hard as things started to calm down a little bit. No one was pushing back and forth to grab a certain toy or rushing to get a limited edition figurine. Colette was still full of life and vigor as she hurried around with a sharp smile, geeking out with customers and checking out their items.

Edgar on the other hand was dreading life itself and was ready to throw away everything just to go home and die. He softly banged his head against the counter as another customer approached, making Colette gasp loudly.

"Uhh.. Excuse me..? Are you good?" A voice murmured, making Edgar groan and look up. "No. Now, what do you want-" He choked on his words as his dreary eyes widened at the sight of the figure in front of him.

Their (hair color) locks glowed against the lights of the store and their eyes shimmered like two stars bright in the night. They stood next to Gene who was happily squeezing a plushie of himself.

"Oh- Well, my friend wanted to buy this if that's alright..." Their voice was like silk to Edgar's ears as Gene jumped up and down with great joy while speaking in an unknown language. Edgar's pale face turned a bright red as he swallowed his pride and checked them out in more ways than one. 

"W-Will that b-be a-all for you?" He stammered as he used every ounce of his strength to keep his eyes on the person's face. The figure looked down to Gene and smiled softly. "Hablahblah!!" "I'll take that as a yes." They said with a sweet laugh, making Edgar's dead heart melt in an instant.

Edgar sheepishly handed the toy to (Y/N) who then handed it back to Gene. The little man was beaming with energy as he bounced up and down with an adorable squeal.

The person picked up the purple man and smiled at Edgar, sending shivers down his spine. "Thank you! Hope your day gets better!" They hummed as they walked elegantly out of the store.

"OH. MY. GOOOOOOOOD-" Colette was sent into a fangirling stated as she zoomed to the counter and almost hopped over it.

"DID YOU SEE THAT!? YOU JUST LET A BRAWLER WALK IN HERE WITH NO CARES AT ALL!!" She geeked out as Edgar squinted at her loudness. "Dude, chill out. I don't care." He muttered as he looked out the door where they left.

'Who the hell was that..? And where have they been all my life..?' He thought to himself as he leaned on the counter dreamily while Colette continued to wildly freak out.

------------------------------

The day was finally coming to an end as the lights of the city lit up the night. Edgar and Colette stood outside the shop as Griff locked up the doors. "Delightful sales today you two! We made it past today's quota!" "And we had a REAL brawler! That was SO COOL!" 

They were absolutely ecstatic! However, Edgar was lost in thought. Who was that customer from before? He had never seen them around town before. They were also with a brawler so maybe they're some sort of assistant?