Mortis x Reader (A Little Fun) *Request*

(Y/N's Pov)

October has arrived which means the Spooky Festival was right around the corner! The town has already started putting up decorations and baking scary snacks. Everyone always loved this time of year! The Spooky Festival lasted all month long, people have to watch their backs because a good scare was always right around the corner. Some brawlers have claimed it's their favorite time of year because of the festival. Tara, Gene, El Primo, Rosa, Brock, and Leon were all here to enjoy this month in Brawl Town.

I made my way past Dynamike's place and the mines to get to the abandoned graveyard. Frank also enjoyed the festival but, he didn't like going alone and Mortis didn't like the festival at all so I would always invite Frank myself.

When I got to the edge of the graveyard, I didn't see Frank or Mortis anywhere. "Hmm. That's odd." I said aloud as I made my way down the small cliff into the darkened area.

The black grass crunched under my feet and the air smelled like ash. I looked around through the thick purple smog for some kind of humanoid figure.

I felt a finger tap on my shoulder and turned around to see nobody behind me. When I turned back around Mortis hopped out of nowhere and screeched in my face.

I screamed and stumbled backward, tripping over the roots of a large tree. I landed on my butt and Mortis let out a cackle.

"Oh! You should have seen your face, mortal!" I got to my feet and brushed myself off. "Hello to you too, Mortis."

He crossed his arms and straightened his spine to look taller and more intimidating. "Why are you prowling on my lands?"

"I'm here to get Frank." "What for?" I rolled my eyes. "He wants to go to the Spooky Festival so I'm going to take him with me.

Mortis' eyebrows knitted together, giving him a frustrated expression. "You think you can waltz into my domain and take away my trusted assistant!? He does not wish to partake in-"

A low grunt was heard from behind Mortis. I looked up and saw the large Frankenstein man standing sheepishly behind the gravedigger.

"Hey, buddy! You ready to go?" He nodded while Mortis wasn't looking. Mortis turned to Frank then back to me with an angered look.

"I forbid this!" He roared. Frank looked to me, giving me the best puppy-eyes he could muster. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"Why are you so against this, Mortis?" "This whole festival is absurd! Its mockery will not be tolerated!" I tilted my head. "Mockery?"

"That festival makes fun of all sorts of magic and beasts! People think the monsters are weak and are good for jokes and games, it's all false!"

I looked from Mortis to Frank. "How about you come with us this year." "So you mortals can mock me like you do others!? Never!"

"They don't mock them Mortis! The Spooky Festival is all about getting scared and getting to know one another. We also get to dress up and pretend like we are what we dressed up as."

Mortis watched me with a cold glare while Frank smiled at me with a thumbs up. "I don't believe you."

I sighed and held my hands up, coming up with a simple plan. "Alright, you want to know the real reason why we have this festival?" Mortis nodded, crossing his arms as he did.

"We 'mortals' feel weak and pathetic so we dress up as those monsters and pretend to be them  to feel a bit more powerful." I lied

Mortis put a hand to his chin and thought about my words carefully. "You feel weak so you dress up as beasts to feel stronger..."