Grom x Reader (Trust Issues) *Request*

(Y/N's Pov)

The tournaments were going to begin soon! Brawlers have been really active in the power play competitions. I think last time I checked Shelly was in the top rankings? Anyways, I'm not voting for anyone in particular really. I'm just an all around person, voting for everyone and just being a good sport. I heard that there were a couple of brawlers having to sit out of the competitions since they were recently hired on by Supercell.

I was walking from condo to condo, checking in on anyone and seeing if they needed any errands that needed taking care of.

Heading up to the Epic condo's door, I couldn't help but wonder what kind of new Brawlers I'd encounter. Would they be kind like Bea? Angsty like Edgar? Greedy like Griff? It was something I would soon find out.

I walked to the door, bring my knuckles to the door but before I could even knock, it opened on it's own. A large man stood infront of me with a scar across his eye but those calm orbs held kindness.

He gasped softly, startled by my presence and took a step back. "O-Oh! Pardon me.. I d-didn't expect to have guests." He had a thick accent but it kinda made him more adorable.

Smiling brightly, I gave him a gentle wave and a light chuckle. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! I was actually walking around to meet the new Brawlers!" I chirped, holding out my hand to him.

The action made him take another step back, like he was scared I would hit him but then a light blush crossed his cheeks. "I'm (Y/N). I help out the Brawlers when they need it. I'm also a good friend of most of them.

He carefully brought his hand to mine and gently shook it. His grip was very soft for such a big, muscular man. I felt bad slightly, considering he looked nervous. "I-I'm Grom..." He murmured softly as he rubbed the back of his head.

Huh. Wasn't expecting that kind of name but okay. I smiled none the less and released his hand. "Well Grom, I hope we get to know each other. I'm sure you're excited to get onto the field.

His scared expression changed when I mention work. He smiled a but wider and nodded with gentle eyes. "Oh yes. Very. I wish to get out there as soon as possible." He chirped with kind eyes.

"Well, the power play only lasts for one more week! If you need help with any training, I'm always happy to help!" He softly fumbled with his hands, like he was nervous. I really hope I didn't make the poor man uncomfortable.

"Th-Thank you M-Mr/Miss (Y/N)" I let out a soft laugh. "Please, just call me (Y/N) I'm a friend, not a superior." I stated softly. I really want to make a first good impression for this guy, especially since he's so nervous.

(Grom's Pov)

A friend? I have a hard time trusting new faces. What if that's just what they want me to think? I'll have to ask Mr. Gale about them later. If there's anyone I can't trust, it's him!

"Thank you M- I-I mean, (Y-Y/N)..." I can't help but stutter. It was nerve wracking being alone with someone new, even more so since they're attractive. With a calm smile, they walked past me and gave a simple salute.

"That's better~ Hope to see you soon Grom!" Their voice was so sweet. I wanted to trust them. They seem so nice but... I just can't. Not now anyways. With a quick hop, I ran out the door and hurried to the chromatic condo. I was already going to visit Gale anyway, might as well as some questions.

-------------------------

I jogged the entire way to the condo. I wanted to stay in shape especially since I'm a Brawler now! Besides, I've always enjoyed even the slightest bit of exercise.