Tara x Reader (You're Beautiful)

(Y/N's Pov)

Tonight a very special event was going to take place or so I've been told by Bull and Bibi. Everyone gathers at the biggest beach on the island and celebrate the victory of the brawler who won the championship. I came to help set up the decorations and get all the materials to make this party incredible. All the brawlers were getting ready right now. They all agreed on dressing up as if they were going to a luau. I helped plan Tara's because she was at a loss for what to wear. I was on my way to help her get dressed. 

I reached the changing room where I knew Tara and Gene would be. I knocked on the door and heard a happy squeak. "Blah! Habblehbla!"

The door swung open, revealing Tara and an already dressed Gene. He had a straw sun hat and a lei around his neck with wooden sandals decorated with seashells. His shorts were blue and covered in cute fish.

"Well, don't you look adorable!" Gene lifted his arms up to me and I happily picked him up and held him like a child. He giggled with glee.

I felt something crawling to the back of my mind and turned to Tara when the feeling became uncomfortable. "So what do you need help with?"

Tara picked up the sand color cloth I gave her and held it up to me. I looked down at the cloth and back up to her. A voice spoke up in the back of my mind.

'I want you to help me put this on.

I nearly choked on the air I was breathing. No one has ever seen Tara without her wrappings off. I never understood why she wore them in the first place.

Tara looked to Gene and after some time he let out a chirp and nodded. I placed him down on the ground and he went to the door and walked out.

"Where's he going?" 'He going to find Mortis.' I swallowed the lump in my throat. I was kinda concerned yet, I was curious. 

Tara sat on a chair and took a deep breath. She closed each of her eyes and the eye on the cloth soon disapparated into a glowing cloud that hovered around her.

I also took a deep breath and took the wrappings from Tara, placing it on a table close by. I looked around her head to see where the wrappings began but I couldn't seem to find it.

"I uhh, I don't know where to start." She felt around the cloth near her collarbone and grabbed onto a strand of cloth and held it out to me.

I gulped once again and began to unravel the pink cloth that covered her head. The long strand of cloth fell to the ground and began to form a pile. I stopped in my tracks when I hit hair. 

My breath hitched, but I slowly continued. I closed my eyes as I removed the rest of the cloth and tossed it onto the ground.

'It's okay to look. I wouldn't ask someone who I didn't trust.'

I cracked open a single eye and then fully opened both my eyes in disbelief. Half of her hair had fallen out and her other eye was just a patch of skin sunken into her skull. He face was covered in scars and half of her lip was torn completely off. Teeth were bare at the right side of her lip.

I fell to my knees and scooted closer to Tara in shock. My hands moved on their own to her hands as I looked up to her with a pained expression.

"W-Wh-Wh-Wha-"

She silenced me by pressing a finger to my lips. She looked down at our hands in pain and regret. She opened her mouth to say something, but she shut it quickly.

'Let's not let this ruin our night.' She started to smile but stopped herself. Almost like she didn't want to scare me. 'Tonight is supposed to be fun. Enjoyable. I don't want this to ruin it.'