Crow x Reader (That Smile) *Request*

(Third Person Pov)

Crow had been coming to Barley's bar a lot recently. He comes only in the early morning, the same time (Y/N) showed up to Brawl Town. The smiling neighbor of the town always came in with a bright smile on their face. It gave Crow comfort. It made him forget all the bad and see what good there is left in the world. Today was an average morning. Crow sat at the bar with his usual while Barley came back to the back of the bar to start dishes. (Y/N) came in the same time as always, with that same, gleaming smile on their face.

"Oh! Good morning (Y/N)!" (Y/N) took a seat next to crow and folded their fingers into one another. "Good morning Barley! How's business?"

"Slow as usual. The weekend is coming up though and you know what that means!" (Y/N) chuckled. "Of course! I'm usually the one that buys the most booze off you!"

"You're always so generous to share. You're a ray of hope, (Y/N)." The smiling civilian rubbed the back of their neck with a laugh. A slight hue warmed their face.

"Aww! Come on now, I'm not as great as everyone says I am. We're all imperfect here." Crow chuckled as he grabbed onto his coffee mug.

"If perfection was a person, it would definitely be named (Y/N)."

(Y/N) blushed even harder as they turned to Crow and giggled lightly. Crow also turned red, realizing that he spoke his thoughts.

Barley laughed at the two and started washing dishes. "What are your plans for today, (Y/N)?"

The three started conversing among one another until a frightened woman burst into the Bar. Her face was pale and glistening with sweat as tears fell from her eyes.

"S-Someone please help!" Everyone in the bar had their attention on the weeping woman. Barley placed his rag and cup down and made his way around the bar, to the woman.

"What seems to be the problem, miss?" The woman began sobbing and Barley put a comforting hand on her back.

"M-M-My husband is dead!"

A hushed tone filled the bar. The only thing that was heard was the woman's sobbing. Crow looked wide-eyed at the woman and, for once, (Y/N)'s smile faded.

"H-His throat was s-slit open and... a-and-"

Barley hushed the woman and guided her over to the bar to have a seat. Crow looked uncomfortably to (Y/N) who was staring at the crying woman.

Barley leaned to Crow and (Y/N), speaking quietly to them. "Please, go get the sheriff."

The two nodded in unison as they hopped off their seats and walked out of the bar.

-------------------------------

It was now the middle of the day. The woman was brought to Colt and Shelly to explain what happened. (Y/N) sat on the back porch of the sheriff's office with Crow by their side.

"I wonder what happened to him." Crow started. He put his hand on the back of his neck. (Y/N) looked over to him with a laugh.

"Aren't you an assassin?" Crow threw his hands up in defense. "Woah! I don't just go around murdering people!"

He looked down to his feet. "I didn't even know the woman lived around here..."

As Crow looked down to the ground, he didn't even notice the growing smile on (Y/N)'s face. "Yeah, I didn't either." They turned away from Crow as they spoke.

Crow looked up to (Y/N), seeing the back of their head. "I wonder what her husband did to deserve it." (Y/N) shrugged, their back still turned towards Crow, their smile growing dark.