Belle x Reader (Barracuda)

(First Person Pov)

BANG, BANG, BANG!! Everything was going up and wild! The town was under attack by a mysterious gang and the people were all running for cover as the Brawlers rushed to their posts. What happened to cause such an uproar you ask? About thirty minutes ago, (Y/N) was visiting Pam's family to celebrate mother's day. Colt and Jessie got some gifts for their mother and (Y/N), having no family of their own, decided to join to celebrate with the small family.

"Thank you kids.. This was a wonderful surprise!" Pam chirped with a contagious smile. "Happy mother's day Ma!" Jessie beamed while Colt put his hand on her shoulder. "You deserve only the best.."

(Y/N) melted at the site of the sweet family as they put their hands behind their back. "Aren't you guys forgetting something..?~" They asked with a sly smirk, making the red heads widened their eyes.

"OH YEAH!!" Jessie shouted as Colt laughed. "We'll be right back!" He chirped while they ran out with a quick haste. The other two laughed softly when they were left alone to chat.

"Those kids... They can be a handful but I wouldn't have it any other way!" Pam laughed with a great joy. It was nice to see her so relaxed. (Y/N) gently sat down in a large chair next to the couch the red head sat on.

"A handful indeed. I guess that's what you got to look forward to as a mother huh?" They said with a tender gaze. Pam crossed her leg over the other as she grabbed a glass off the coffee table.

She sipped quietly while her eyes narrowed with a gentle joy. "Yeah.. It may be stressful at times but you can't ever hate them.. They're like your own little monsters.." She said as she put her glass back down.

"Ha! I was just like them when I was a kid! Gave anyone that came in contact with me white hairs!" She spoke almost proudly, earning a giggled from (Y/N).

"Hehe~ I'm not sure how I was really. I didn't really have parents so I didn't get that experience." They leaned on their hand against the arm of the chair as they leaned back into the cushion of the seat.

Pam only smiled sweetly as she gently patted their leg and gave them a kind eye. "Well, you're the village's child now.. We all love you and your kind ways..." She stated with a wink, making them giggle happily but then looked to their hands.

"Hey Pam.. I have a rather odd question for you.." (Y/N) stated. Pam was gently moving her gifts neatly onto the table beside her and smiled when she looked to her guest. "Of course darlin! What is it?"

The guest shuffled in their seat somewhat nervously but they smiled none the less as they looked to the side. "Well, I was wondering.. What were your parents like..?" This question threw Pam off; a silence fell over the room.

The mechanic's expression turned thoughtful and somewhat disappointed. It was followed by a long sigh, it made (Y/N) jolt up with worry. "I-I'm sorry! I-I shouldn't have asked you such a personal question!"

"No, you're fine." She stated quietly as she rested her hands in her lap. She closed her eyes delicatly as she tilted her head up slightly. "We.. Don't talk about my parents.. especially my mother... She wasn't exactly a good person..."

(Y/N) sunk into their chair and put their hands in their pockets, keeping silent as Pam looked out the window. "I never followed in her footsteps.. there was too much she had done.." She murmured softly.

Her eyes softly darted back to her guest and gave a bright smile. "Anyways, I am greatful that you came by.. It's always nice to see you around here."

Her words were kind and soft-spoken. It brought an ease to (Y/N) after the short yet sudden conversation. But it only brought more questions to the table.