Colt x Reader (The Traveling Stranger)

For a better read, listen to the song Dear Fellow Traveler by Sea Wolf. It set's the mood.

(Colt's Pov)

The day was coming to an end. It was around eleven o' clock, the moon shined bright in the sky. I was standing on my porch, listening to the wind and creatures that graze through the night. An owl flew across the sky, screeching as it flew past. I sighed and looked to the full moon with a tired expression. I always did the same thing all day, everyday. I wished for excitement, something new to see. Where could I find that?

I looked up and down the road of the town, other than a rabbit dashing across the dusty ground, nothing was happening. Everyone was asleep at this time, I should head that way also.

I held a hand up to my mouth and squeezed my eyes shut, letting out a yawn, a strong breeze blew by as I did. Maybe I should go to bed. I opened my teary eyes and saw a dark figure with a glowing crescent moon necklace on the other side of the road, watching me with glowing (favorite color) pupils.

They weren't there before, were they?

I looked them up and down. They had a black cloak on and their face was covered with a dark scarf. The only thing visible were their glowing eyes. I stood up with a serious look, They leaned up against the wall of the shop across from me and crossed their arms.

"It's late. You should be in bed, citizen."

They didn't respond, they watched me unblinkingly. I was starting to get a little creeped out by them. I put an hand on one of my pistols and walked over to them cautiously.

"I'm going to have to ask you to move along citizen. I don't know what you are doing but it's certainly is strange."

They held their hand up and I stopped walking towards them. I didn't even want to stop walking, why did I stop?

Oh no.

I can't move at all.

They finally looked to the forest not to far from town and back to me. They pushed their foot off the wall and started coming towards me.

I couldn't move a mussel, I couldn't even speak! They stopped right in front of me and looked deeply into my eyes. Their hand was raised to their scarf and, with a single finger, they pulled down the cloth, revealing a pair of grinning lips.

"Come with me, boy. I want to show you something new."

They walked past me, brushing their hand across my hair, sending chills down my spine. Once their hand left my head, I could feel my body again, I could move.

I looked back to the figure as they walked to the forest. Their cape blew in the wind as the walked on.

I was afraid if I didn't go with them, they would return and hurt my family, my friends, the town. I kept a safe distance behind them as we went into the forest.

We walked for about twenty minutes until we reached a cliff. I didn't feel safe about this at all. There was a large precipice that circled around a giant hole. I heard a waterfall in the distance. They stood at the edge and looked back to me.

"Come have a look." I started walking backwards. "Are you kidding me? I'm not going anywhere near that edge!"

They quickly extended their arm towards me, their palm was open and their fingers were bent, as if they were about to grab a door knob.

I stopped walking once again, my body went numb. I tried to shout but, I couldn't, I was stuck once again.

They pointed a finger at me and motioned to come closer. My body, not responding to my plea, walk to them on it's own.