𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18

The next day I went to the garden to see Obanai sitting down with his eyes closed. I slowly walked over to him and sat down next to him.

I felt the snake slither up my arm to my neck. I softly pet the snake as Obanai quickly turned to me.

"Go away brat" Obanai said. "Why do you hate me?" I signed. "Because your an annoying brat who always touches my snake" Obanai said glaring at me.

"I never hurt your snake or try to annoy you on purpose" I signed. "You act like it's my fault the snake likes me" I signed.

"What's so special about you huh?" Obanai asked. "Nothing" I signed. "I'm the most normal out of all of you guys" I signed.

We sat in silence for a few minutes. "In the forest... what happened to you?" Obanai asked. "Nothing bad it was just some demon bay who kidnapped me..." I signed.

"But it wasn't that bad it's kind of funny..." I signed while smiling. "Funny?" Obanai said raising his eyebrow.

"Yeah your right it's not funny" I signed. "Do you laugh about your trauma?" Obanai asked. "I don't really have trauma but I do laugh sometimes when bad things happen to me" I signed.

"Why?" Obanai asked. "It's better to just try and forget about it you know... like how I forgot about my past" I signed.

"You need to find a new coping mechanism" Obanai said. "What's yours?" I signed. "I sleep" Obanai said.

"How is that any better!?" I signed. "It just is" Obanai said. "You know going outside helps" I signed.

"I usually come out here!" I signed while smiling. "I thought you came out here to annoy me" Obanai said.

"Uh no not everything is about you!" I signed. He just rolled his eyes. "Well you're just so annoying" Obanai said.

"Meany" I signed. "Why were you so mean to Tanjiro" I signed. "Because I don't trust anyone who thinks demons and humans can live together" Obanai said.

"But what if Nezuko or Tanjiro was someone you care about would you still hate them" I signed. "But they're not so I don't care" Obanai said.

"Tanjiro and Nezuko seem familiar... hey what if they're my lost long siblings" I signed silently laughing. "No wonder your so weird" Obanai said.

"I hope your snake eats you in your sleep" I signed. "At least I won't have to see You again" Obanai said.

"I'll take your place as a hashira!" I signed. "No you won't you infant" Obanai said. "Watch me" I signed.

"You haven't grown in two years" Obanai said. "That's your only insult?" I signed. "Well all the other insults are too mean and Shinobu would attack me for saying them" Obanai said.

"She's always watching" I signed looking left and right. "Y/N! IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO DRINK YOUR MEDICINE!!" Aoi yelled.

"What?" Obanai said. "If I don't drink the medicine I'm gonna turn into one of those spider demons" I signed.

"See ya snake boy" I signed after carefully giving Obanai his snake back. I ran out of the garden and over to Aoi.

"DRINK!" Aoi said holding the medicine out. I took it and quickly drank it. Aoi took my boot off to see my leg was back to normal. "Finally you won't turn into a demon" Aoi said patting my head.

I nodded while smiling. "was that Obanai? he wasn't mean to you right?" Aoi asked. "Uh not as much as he usually is" I signed.

"Does your ankle still hurt?" Aoi asked. " Not really" I signed. "You should take a break I'll help around the infirmary instead"

"No! my work is never done but yes you can help me!" Aoi said grabbing my hand and storming into the recovery room.

"Y/N! HELP ME PLEASE!!" Zenitsu yelled. I walked over to his bed and chopped the back of his neck knocking him out.

'Sleep' I thought pulling the cover over him. "Y/n! I said help me not murder our patients!" Aoi yelled.

"He had it coming!" I signed. I walked over to Inoskue's bed. "Aoi I think he's dead!" I signed before poking him.

"He's probably just sleeping" Aoi said. "Tanjiro thank you for actually listening to us" Aoi said. "Well of course you guys already work hard enough!" Tanjiro said.

'Uh no' I thought. "You know Tanjiro if you were more careful then maybe you wouldn't've gotten caught with a demon but you're not me so... no offense I mean not everyone can be perfect" I wrote.

"Uh okay" Tanjiro said with a nervous smile. "She's afraid of blood so she's actually not perfect" Aoi said.

"MMMM!!" I hummed stomping her foot on the ground as she turned to Aoi. "Thats a secret!!" I wrote.

"Don't worry Y/n I'm afraid of blood too" Zenitsu said. "Yeah you'll get over it I won't!!" I wrote. "You will! don't be negative!" Tanjiro said.

"Negativity is part of me! I am negativity and negativity is me" I wrote. "Not true!" Aoi said. "Yeah sure" I wrote.

"I'm going back outside again hopefully Obanai left" I wrote before leaving the room and heading outside.

I peeked in to the garden to see Obanai was gone. 'Yes that rat is gone!' I thought sitting down and wrapped the blindfold around my eyes before taking my rosary out.

After a while of praying I heard someone sit down next to me. I felt them pulled the blindfold down and I see Nezuko.

"Mmm" Nezuko hummed hugging me. I smiled and hugged her back. 'Nezuko is so nice but I still don't know why she looks so familiar' I thought.

KANAO'S POV

I peeked into the garden to see Y/n and Nezuko braiding each others hair. "Looks like they're having fun" Shinobu said smiling.

"Y/n has been working around the infirmary for a while now so it does make sense that they know each other now" I said.

"True but when Y/n went to see if Nezuko was okay she acted especially nice towards her" Shinobu said.

"It's probably just Nezuko's nature towards children like Y/n" I said. "True" Shinobu said. 'At least Y/n is happy' I thought smiling.

__________________________
Thank you for reading today's chapter! Have a good night until next time! SEE YA!😈