Chapter 78

"daughter, this is emiko. emiko hebi."

"we'll split into groups with me and bubble girl, and mirio, rai and midoriya." nighteye instructs.

"nighteye agency is currently working on a secret investigation." bubble girl starts.  "shie hassaikai is a small designated villain group. it's young head, in other words, the number two, chisaki, has started showing weird actions. his plague mask is his trademark." nighteye finishes while a picture of a man shows for you all to see.

"what we're after is their tails. be careful not to let them suspect anything." nighteye warns.

"yes sir!"
                                    ꧁꧂

you, mirio and izuku were walking together, all in your hero costumes for patrol. some people you walked past either gawked at the sight of 'real heros' or talked from afar.

"i-i'm nervous.." izuku admits.

"you must've gone on at least one patrol, right?" mirio asks as he walks in between you two. as those two converse, you stare ahead. you'd admit that your brain is too fogged with something else to be on high alert for any type of villain at the moment.

"what about you rai? what's your hero name?" mirio asks, making you snap yourself back to reality. "oh it's bolt. yours is...lemillion, right?"

"yeah! how'd you know?"

"saw it once.."

"lemillion, i don't want to save everyone, but 1,000,000! that's what i wanna do, so that's why i chose lemillion. once we put on our costumes and go out to the streets, we're heroes. don't let your guard down, bolt, deku!"

"right." you and izuku say in unison. "bolt, huh? that really fits you! you're super fast aren't ya?" mirio enthusiastically asks. "yeah, i thought it'd be-" you felt something collide with you, making your talking stop. your groan catches the attention of izuku and mirio and you all look down to see a little girl with light blue hair stumble until she falls on her bottom.

"oh..i'm sorry. are you okay?" you ask as you bend down to the girl's height. her widening eyes that fill with fear and her hesitant hand reaching out to you catches your attention however.

"...can you stand?" you ask before putting your hands on the girl to help her up. you freeze when you feel her body trembling even though she only took a small fall.

"now, you know.."

you snap your head up to the sound of the voice and you see a male standing at the end of the alleyway. "you can't go around causing trouble for the heroes." you stare at the man and your eyes focus on his mask. his plague mask...he was the face you saw. the one nighteye warned you guys about earlier. looking down at the girl, you see bandages littering her arms and legs. your arms loosely hang around her but in contrast, she's tightly holding onto you.

"i'm sorry about my daughter, hero. she likes to play around a lot and she keeps getting hurt. i don't know what to do with her." the male tries to cover up. you narrow your eyes at his fake tone and face expression while mirio throws on izuku's mask.

you feel your hair get untied from your ponytail. "you'll look better with your hair loose." mirio says while trying to cover your face with your hair. your suspicious face expression turns into a blank stare as you nod at chisaki. "i'm sorry too, for bumping into her."