bang chan : a cruel world

TW: physical abuse, mentions of alcohol, sex, and smoking, suicide attempts, lots of swearing, mental health issues.
if you're uncomfortable with atleast one of these topics, pls skip the chapter!! :)

You we're always what they call the "perfect student".
Straight A's, always present in class, always volunteering in school events and others.

But oh they we're so wrong.

You currently live with your shitty aunt who thinks she's allowed to control your entire being. Your aunt is a bitch. She always smoked, constantly drinking, abusive, toxic, and doesn't even make you feel like you we're her niece at all.

You have been under that same roof with that insane woman for almost 5 years now, and those 5 years felt like hell itself.

Why you may ask?

Your parents thought it was best to leave you to your aunt's house while they work overseas since they thought your aunt was "trustworthy and kind to you" .

At this point your life was literal shit.

She always screams at you and treats you like her own slave. Everytime you come home from school soju bottles are scattered everywhere around the table and the floor. Used cigarettes lying on the floor and the awful smell of the alcohol and cigarettes mixed together can be smelled almost instantly when you walk through the front door. She'd be out clubbing almost everytime, she'd bring home random men she spotted in the club and have sex in the house while you we're studying or sleeping. She never gave a fuck about you and would do literally anything just to ruin your entire day.

Worst part is that you always got abused, physically.

Every minor inconvenience or mistakes you do is equivalent to a sleeve of bruises and cuts.

Especially for your behavior at school.

Your grades can not go under A+ since you we're petrified you'd have to go through all of the pain and abuse again.

Many suicide attempts we're made but they never worked.
You tried to run away from home but you we're too scared.
Your mental health was getting worse and worse each day.
You'd get threatened by her when you try to seek for help.
At this point you we're nothing but a complete mess.

Until 2 am on a sunday night, you've had enough.

You we're running as fast as you could away from your aunt's house. Tears streamed down your face, not caring if someone saw you completely soaked in the rain while bawling your eyes out.

You just escaped your aunt's grip after she tried to stab you.

Bruises and cuts covered your arm and legs.

You we're tired of everyone and everything.

All you wanted was to be loved and be treated like a normal human being.
Eating normal food, going to bed in peace, have friends, have a healthy lifestyle, to be able to love and to be loved.

All of that never happened.

What you wanted was simple.

And it was to have a normal and simple life.

But why?

Why me?

Why must I suffer like this?

What did I do wrong to deserve this?

Those thoughts kept circling your head like a toy train.
You finally arrived at the bridge.

Finally.

It's time to end it all.

I can finally be free.

Peace, and quiet.

No pain.

I can finally vanish from this cruel world.

You lifted your head up to face nothing but the beautiful night sky for the last time. The stars we're twinkling. The rain was pouring. The moon was shining brightly upon you. The trees we're swaying in the wind in harmony. As the last tear slips down your cheeks.

A relieved sigh escapes your lips.

You walked towards the edge of the bride, taking a last glimpse of your surroundings.

"Are you leaving this cruel world too?"

A voice said.

You turn to your right to see a man, who was also standing at the edge of the bridge who was only a few feet away from you.

"Yeah... you too?" You ask. He looked at you, and at the water.

"Yeah." He chuckled lightly.

"Any reason why you wanna leave this cruel world?" You asked bluntly.

"Mistreatment, stress, depression... it really got me good." He said letting out a heavy laugh before turning to you.

"I can already tell why you wanna leave this cruel world too." He said calmly while also referring to your cuts and bruises.

You looked down at your ruined body and let out a laugh.

After that, it was all silent.

It was just you and this random stranger at the edge of the bridge, staring into the cold and deep water. The atmosphere was calming and therapeutic. For some reason you felt safe with this random guy. Judging by the looks of it, he also struggled trying to just survive and have a healthy lifestyle.

The silence broke when you heard footsteps. You look up to see the guy walk away from the edge. He flashed you a soft smile and held your hand.

"It'd be quite boring to die without making friends with someone who wanted to leave this cruel world at the same time and same place. It could be fate even and I don't wanna waste a moment like this so easily. Maybe we could postpone our plans on leaving this cruel world." He said while looking at you deep in the eyes with his. He gave you a reassuring smile.

The rain continues to pour down on your already soaking wet figures. You held eye contact with him. His eyes we're holding the entire universe. He sounds so sincere and passionate with his words.

"Maybe we could..." you reply. His smile grew wider.

"Let's try and get through this together... let's leave everything that gives us pain. Maybe we'd get a second chance of trying to survive in this cruel world, but hopefully a better one this time."

You couldn't believe it... a complete stranger offered to help you get through this together. A literal stranger. A stranger who was just like you. Who went through a tough time. A stranger who was also in pain for almost his whole life. A stranger who everyone expects to be perfect at everything and anything. But nonetheless, he helped you, through everything. You both helped eachother out through hard times.

It was now the life you've been longing for the entire time.
To love and to be loved.
Be appreciated.
And lastly, you we're finally free.