Chapter 86

Zayn's POV

I am still in the middle trying to understand what's going on when more confusion occurs.

I see Louis running after two guys.

It's a chaos all over. My eyes are watching Louis running. They are also looking at the crowd hooting my name. One side I see my friends coming towards me. But my insides are only focussing on one thing.

Her crying face.

"Her eyes were conveying something. I can't be wrong this time." I shake my head and pick up the box in my hands.

"Hey, Zaynie! That's cheating. You can't run away with your own box." I hear Kim shouting behind me but I'm not in the state to listen to anyone. I will handle dean later but right now, I need to find the chit.

I make my way to rehearsal hall.

"Zayn! What's going on, mate? Wait!" Liam calls me. I know all are coming after me. Hell, I don't care.

I sit down on floor as I start picking out the chits from the box and read them one by one.

First one. 'Zayn is the best.'

It's not her.

Second one. 'Zayn, we love you.'

"Not her."

I shake my head as I pick up the third one. 'My vote to Zayn.'

"Not her." I grit my teeth in frustration.

"What not her Zayn? What are you doing?" I look up at Harry and then everyone watching me in confusion.

"What's going on?" Kim asks coming closer and sitting beside me.

"She's in trouble guys." I murmur as I pick the fourth chit from the box.

"Who?" Lauren asks and I ignore her.

'Zayn.'

I shake my head as the chit doesn't belong to her. I pick another.

"Zayn, I think it's fiftieth. Would you let us know what are you searching for?" I hear Liam's tired voice and look up.

"I'm searching for the clue." I say before continuing.

"Oh, stop talking in riddles!" Kim huffs and I sigh.

"Kim, I'm searching for Alicia's chit which she put in the box. She held it for a while in front of me. Like she wanted me to read it. I observed that." I look at Kim as my heart races.

"She was crying. I have a feeling that she's in trouble. I feel like something is stopping her from talking to me." I close my eyes as my mind runs wild.

"She was crying in a way...." I gulp opening my eyes and looking at Kim. "...as if she was begging for help?" I hope I'm wrong. I really hope that she's safe. I blink my eyes and pick another chit.

'Zayn Malik'

Another one. 'I want Zayn to win.'

I shake my head and pick another.

The chit in my hand and I feel like floor is slipping underneath me. A jagged breath left my mouth as I stare at the words written inside the chit.

'Salvage. 1439'

"What does it mean, Zayn?" Kim asks and my eyes brim up.

"Would you enlighten us something for the love of God!" She judders me observing my shocked state.

I rub my eyes dry as I stand up. My mind is panicking and I try to calm it down. My chest heaves heavily in hypertension. She wrote as a codeword. Only for me to understand. She didn't want anyone else to understand it.