Chapter 22

Alicia's POV

When we arrived at Zayn's, I saw a church nearby his apartment. Without having a second thought I walked towards it while everyone else was taking Zayn inside. I opened the exterior gate of the church before I saw a small garden of white roses to the left of the church building. I moved ahead to it and plucked a blossomed white rose gently.

White signifies peace and prosperity. Then to the best of my knowledge, white plus fragrance would specify peace and happiness?

I turned and entered the church building. There were quite a few people praying exactly what I wanted. I wanted to pray alone. I quietly moved ahead fixating my eyes on the picture of Jesus Christ on the front wall. There was a light yellowish light just above the picture which was giving a shining effect to it. I have been a hard core believer of God since I was a kid. I always love talking to Jesus secretly. God is my only best friend to whom I love and trust more than anything. I stopped just in front of the white slab and kneeled down still looking at the picture. I gently placed the flower on the surface and closed my eyes.

"Hello my best friend." I murmured in my heart. "I'm angry at you." I pouted a little. "Not much. But yeah." I looked down.

"I have never wanted anything which creates violence. I have never wanted any person to get hurt. I definitely have never wanted any of the persons who are close to my heart, to get hurt. I have always wanted peace, love, happiness and good fortune for everyone. I have wanted you to be with me always." I said in my heart.

"I never demanded anything in particular from you but if I do it today, will you give me?" I asked as I looked at the picture.

"You know Zayn, right?"

"The one to whom you sent to save me that night." I reminded him.

"Don't ask me why and how because honestly, I don't know myself." I gulped before saying. "Please don't ever let him get hurt. Please?" I pleaded as my vision blurs. "It hurts me more than anything. His back and those wounds...." A tear left my eye before I wiped it quickly. "They must be giving him pain. Please end this." I pressed my lips together to hold back my tears.

"I know you will end this, because you are my best friend and you love me and I trust you." I smiled through my tears.

"I love you."

"And I'm sorry. I'm not angry at you. I never could be." I dried my cheeks fully with my palm.

"And I'm sorry because I don't know how to pray." I pouted sadly. "All I do is, blabber continuously in front of you and then go away. But I am like this." I shrugged.

"Okay. I'm stopping to irritate you. Umm Bye." I smiled half heartedly before standing up.

I looked last time at Jesus before walking outside. I sighed to myself as I proceeded towards Zayn's apartment. I walked to the door and it was already open. I got inside and saw an old man walking towards me. May be he's servant here and came to see who is on the door.

"Miss Redwood?" He asked while greeting.

"Yes. Hello." I smiled. "You are...." I trailed off.

"I'm a servant here. My name is George William." He smiled warmly.

"Nice to meet you uncle George." I slightly smiled.

"Nice to meet you too baby girl." He again smiled warmly while examining me with daughterly love.

I smiled warmly this time before looking towards Zayn's room. Honestly, I don't want to go inside the room. All I would do is cry seeing his back and I don't want to spoil his happy mood which is back because of that incredible bunch of sweet people. But, on the same time I want him in front of my eyes so that I can assure myself that he is okay.