Chapter 91

Zayn's POV

"Zayn..."

"C'mon, wake up."

I hear whispers while a hand is continuously patting on my cheek.

"Wake up, son!"

I shut my eyes close when water droplets strike my face. I'm trying to register what's happening as my conscious is slowly waking up. I stir in my place and grimace as my head hurts. I feel a pair of hands holding my face and juddering me. "Wake up, Zayn. C'mon."

I touch my head at the back to stop the pain while blinking my eyes to wake up from dormant state. Slowly, my vision becomes clearer and I see a figure smiling at me.

"You okay?" He asks, slowly making me sit on my own. I rest my head on the wall behind me before looking at the person sitting in front of me. My eyes look around while my senses are slowly coming back to active state. I blink. I observe the place and find out that we are at a height and the sun is shining. The sound of the waterfall is the only noise and rest all is silent. Two water slides on either side are running, water flows with a gush.

"Zayn?" I turn my gaze back to the person sitting in front of me. I'm fully awake now, head still hurts with a dim pain.

"Dad..." I say before holding my head. The pain is severe.

"Zayn, look at me. Be strong." I hear my father and feel him holding my shoulders. I open my eyes and look at him.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I may ask the same to you." I state, anger rising in me. Louis was right, my father is involved in this.

"You shouldn't be here." He simply states adding more to my anger.

"Are you on run? From police?" I squirm my eyes as I ask in shock ignoring his statement.

"Zayn." He closes his eyes. "It doesn't matter. What matters to me is you being safe."

"You are involved in terrorism?" I shake my head as I flinch back from him.

"Who told you?" He asks and I just look at him, my father.

"It doesn't matter." I repeat his words and soon our conversation got interrupted by rushed footsteps. I see my father becoming alert as he gets up and peeks through the hole in the wall just above my head.

"They are coming." He speaks immediately bending down to my level.

"Zayn, we are running out of time. I need to tell you something. Listen to me carefully." He looks at me in the eyes while placing the briefcase in my lap.

"I'm trusting you on something major this time." He says placing my hands on the briefcase. I look down and then up at my father.

"This briefcase—"

"Are you the master?" I abruptly ask cutting him in between. I need to know. My ears are fully aware of the rushed footsteps which are becoming louder and louder.

"How do you know about master?" I watch my dad's shocked face. "And no! I'm not him!" He emphasizes on his words while looking at me in shock. My body visibly relaxes and in the next moment I'm hugging my dad.

"Dad..." I tighten my hug burying my face in his shoulder. "I was so worried but I knew it! I knew you can't be him, you can't be a terrorist." I feel his arms hugging me back. I needed it. I needed support, a push to keep myself up and running. Active.

"Who told you all this Zayn?" He pulls out and looks at me. He gets up and again peeks through the hole. I try to stand up, my head still feels the pain at top.