Chapter 92

Zayn's POV

I feel paranoid. This information I'm receiving every now and then is making me brain sick. Uncle Kabir is involved? His son? When was the baby born? Holy shit, is Kim involved too?

I close my eyes as I stop myself from thinking further. She can't just...I audibly release breath out of my mouth to relax my about-to-rupture nerves.

Concentrate. Concentrate Zayn.

Everyone sounds same, wear same and speak same. Okay, so if I go inside I need to copy that. I look down at the cover and clean it fully by removing soil over it with my hands. I grip the lid from edges and try to pull it up. It makes a screeching sound and I stop and get away. Being alert, I observe the lid for some time. I need to be smarter in my every move. Afterall, it's highly intellectual terrorist I'm targeting to.

Watching the lid in silence for some time, I move closer and pull it up again. The lid opens up but again with a screeching sound. I crawl backwards immediately and bend down to make sure that nobody is there waiting for me to be his prey. I wait longer this time. Ten minutes pass and the lid starts to open on its own. I get attentive. I'm ready in my cheetah position to pound on whosoever is about to come out.

My eyes watch the lid taken up at an acute angle, mouth opening towards my side. I quickly crawl around to get on the opposite side. Don't want to get the bullet straight on my face. The moment I notice a green head peeking out, I wear the gun on my shoulder and run towards the man and hold his helmeted head tight in my hands. Bending his head back on the lid, I try to break his neck but he was quick to grip my face and twist me around to throw me out in front of him. Recovering myself quickly, I roll over the ground and point my gun at him and boom!

His forehead flares.

I quickly get to him and stop him from falling back inside. Ever so slowly I pull him out and place the lid back on its place. I find a blade, one token having 21 printed on it and a device while checking his clothes. The augmented device in his pocket is attached to his mouth with a thread like wire. Opening his mouth, I find a metal clutch on his teeth. I take all of the things out and wear his clothes. The smell is just too much for me to breathe but I have no choice. The gadget is making me puke on myself but I have to wear it. I clean the clutch with soil before putting it in my mouth.

"Hello." I speak to check if my voice gets modulated. Thankfully, it's all good. I can't recognize my own voice. This gadget, the intelligence...he could have used it for public good but no...he had to become a terrorist. I wear a mask, it's torn out from forehead because of the bullet I nailed into his head. For the time being, it can work for me. I check myself for the last time and go inside.

It's dark as I look down the hole. I need to jump to face the unpredictable.

I jump and soon my feet land on a surface. I look around and find a torch igniting at one meter distance. I get my feet moving towards that direction while adjusting the gun on my shoulder and the blade in my arms pocket. I check my chest pocket and adjust the token on it.

"Hey 21. What happened to your mask?" A man comes in front out of the blue giving me a fright. I quickly recover hiding my panic and reply.

"Hey 32." I observe a similar token on his pocket. "Ah, I just..." I struggle for the words to make up an excuse.

"You got a blood there." He points to my forehead and before he could get suspicious I speak up.

"There was a man on the cover, I just killed him." I say while gesturing towards the exit and rubbing my neck with my other hand.

"You want a whip? What happened to the codeword? Feel lucky that there's no camera in the tunnel or else you were going to be a flat bed. You just used the K word? Mutherfucker!" He unintentionally enlightens me the things and I take a note to self. Dead means a flat bed in here.