Chapter 71

Dedicated to @miss_vashappenin

Thank you for the precious comments and votes! It really means a lot to me. :) xx

Big love x

Here we go! :)
----------

Alicia's POV

"Zayn?" I called him for the third time but he seemed lost.

We are at the front main gate of his farmhouse, sitting in the car.

The main gate is lavishly large fitted with light leaf green fiber sheets. Two security guards were standing on both sides, left and right, of the gate. Another two were sitting in the booth which was constructed on the left side of the main gate.

Behind the gates I could see the ravishing and beautiful upper half of the farmhouse painted dark green at the borders and pillars while the walls were having light-light green wash.

I looked at Zayn again, returning my focus back on his statue state. He is still lost and looking on the gates.

I slowly reached up to touch his shoulder. I placed my hand lightly on his shoulder and gently shook him.

"Zayn?" I called him softly.

"Huh?" He jerked abruptly before recovering quickly and looking at me.

"Is... everything okay?" I asked carefully backing my hand away from him.

He swallowed. "Yeah." He looked at the gate while mumbling lowly and then drove the car towards the gate.

Security guard on the left came closer. Zayn pulled my side's window down and give him his ID card.

The guard took it to the other security guards sitting in the booth. They did something like scanning the card and checking if it's right to let the person go in.

After a moment one of them stood up and pushed the green button on the board.

I was watching and observing everything the guards were doing inside the booth when the gates opened up automatically.

It's after he pushed the green button. The gates are electrically controlled.

Zayn drove the car inside and towards the parking lot. I looked at him.

From his behavior, it seems like he doesn't want me to meet his mother. But at the same time he does.

He looks literally confused and upset. Something is there which I'm unaware of. Something which really bothers him.

Is it related to his mom?

Why is his mom not living with his father?

She is alone here. Why would Zayn's dad leave her wife alone here?

So many questions flooded my brain. Zayn's concerned and confused face tightened my stomach. I really does hope everything is fine.

I turned my attention back to Zayn when I heard him sighing deeply.

He looked at me and smiled. A very light and deliberate smile.

"C'mon." He said and smiled.

I frowned a little.

As he was about to open his car door, I held his wrist. He turned back to me.
"Is everything alright?" I asked again emphasizing on each word with my eyes.

He observed my face for few seconds and then nodded. "Yeah. Everything is fine, Partner. Let's go inside."

"If you don't want me too meet your mom, it's fine Zayn. We will come some another day?" I told him seeing his worried expression.