Chapter 52

Chapter contains a lot of day skipping. Sorry for that.

~~6 Days Later~~

Kim's POV

It has been six long days; Zayn has been a no show to college. Harry told me that he was regretting what he did to Alicia. He told me about his breakdown and somewhere deep in my heart it bothered me. It bothered me that he had completely detached himself from any social life. It bothered me that he had been ignoring everyone's calls giving zero piece of information about him. I hadn't called him though but I really wanted to see him, how he was doing, I wanted go and ask him the million questions which had been running in my mind.

If Alicia's absence troubled him to this extent then why did he hurt the poor soul this much? Why did he not believe her? Why did he break her promise knowing exactly how lightweight Alicia is? How could he not see how much she loved him? How could he ignore her endless flowing tears? How? Why?

He had changed a lot. Since Alicia had come into the university, he had changed drastically to one edge and in the next moment to another. I was sure that she had some sort of effect on him but I couldn't judge that whether it was positive or negative. But from his behavior and continuous taunting towards Alicia, it was crystal clear that it had affected Alicia in the worst way.

I feel so bad for her. She is the kindest, most polite and sweetest girl I have ever met. But still she has been going through the worst.

Ten days since she got stabbed. I could see the enigmatic look on her face, the look of her excruciating sufferings which she had managed to hide under her fake happy façade. I know she always feel like it would bother me if she would show her true feelings but she is wrong. I wish I could tell how much I love her, how much she means to me as a friend.

Friend....

I couldn't deny that I still care about Zayn too. He was my best friend, deep down he still is. But I couldn't show that to him. He needs to feel what pain is. He needs to realize what damage he has done. And I could never opt to encourage his idiotic behavior by telling him that everything is going to be fine, that I am with him. No! He needs to know that he has lost his friend because of his ridiculous deportment.

But I think now it's too much. I haven't heard anything from Zayn since the Manchester incident, almost twenty days. I have no idea if he is okay or not; but what Harry told, it seems like he is miserable.

Harry, Lauren and others were upset and sad about Alicia's leaving. They kept asking me about her. I told them that I didn't know where she was but she was okay and safe. Thanks to god they all bought my excuses without any doubt. I couldn't tell the truth as Alicia took promise from me. She asked me to keep it secret that she got stabbed brutally. She told me that when she would recover fully, she would leave London. There was nothing I could do to stop her.

At first, when we all heard of the attack at airport we all were so scared, so frightened. But my anxiety was at the peak being aware of the fact that Alicia was there. I couldn't apprehend it properly nor could I think straight and my panic and distress state lead me to airport alone. The only thing I have had in my mind was that I promised Alicia not to tell anyone about where she was. I didn't want to break her promise as she had already been broken by Zayn's stupidity once.

And I admit that that annoying officer was god for me and Alicia at that time. If it wasn't for him helping Alicia, taking care of her like a big brother, I could never ever even imagine what would have happened.

Alicia has been recovering so fast under his care. He has been giving her all the love and support she needs at this time and I respect Louis for this.

Going secretively at Louis' to check up on Alicia is difficult. But still I manage to hide my constant going out from the group.