Chapter 1

Before you start with the story, I dearly request all of you to please VOTE on every chapter you read.
Enjoy!
————————

Alicia's POV

Hello! My name is Alicia Redwood. A brunette having brown eyes? Me and my family are living in a small town named Bradford in England. It's a nice place enclosing serene beauty of the streets inside. Chirping birds outside our small house are my friends and swirling leaves of the tall green trees are my stress busters. I often talk to them when I'm alone in my room. It's crazy. Isn't it?

"Alicia!" My father shouted from the hall room making me jump.

My father, Steve Redwood, is an employee in an IT sector. Because of a holiday he is at home today otherwise he gets up early in the morning, goes for a job and then comes back late night for sleep. That's it. He knows nothing about my ongoing life which makes me sad.

You must be thinking how bad of a daughter I am who is disgusted with her own father but... it's true. I've got a careless father. He never ever asks me if I need something or what I'm gonna do for higher studies as I am nineteen now.

"Alicia? There is a letter for you. Collect it from the postman." He again shouted in annoyance.

"Coming Dad!" I rushed downstairs.

I went to the main door and signed on the receiving register postman was holding. I collected my letter and closed the door. As I turned back I see my mother coming out from the kitchen.

My mother, Venice Redwood, is a nurse at Crystal Hospital. She is a nice person. She cares for her family so much, being the only responsible person of the house. She always tries to give me every facility through the money she could get from her job. She is an impatient but over-caring mother. She wants me to be her perfect girl all the time. But she should know that humans are made to make mistakes and they learn lessons from their mistakes. Anyways, I try my level best to reach upto her expectations as I love my mother.

"You okay Al?" Mother asked as I got to know that I am standing still at our main door holding the letter for god knows how long.

Ugh! Me and my thinking self!

"Yeah mom, I'm good." I smiled.

"What is it?" She asked while looking at the letter.

"I don't know." I said confused while opening the letter.

After reading it I was like....on cloud nine. I was actually shocked. My mom raised her eyes questioning for what it is.

"Mom! I got admission in St. Louis University in London. And that too with scholarship for one and a half years." I exclaimed.

"Really?" My mother smiled and hugged me.

"Well, it's not a big deal. My daughter is a brilliant student so I was expecting that this would be coming." Mother cupped my cheeks and kissed me on the forehead. For the first time I felt proud of myself. I made mother satisfied with me. Letter says that I will be joining the university from tomorrow. Although it has started two weeks ago. So, most probably I will be the one having 'Late comers' tag.

I mean seriously?

This late they are sending me letter to join University? I'm not getting it. Anyways, I got admission, that is more important.

Tomorrow!

What are you doing standing in the hall girl? Go and pack your stuff.

I roll my eyes looking up. My thinking self is my enemy. I rushed upstairs and packed all my stuff. It took me two hours to be finally done with packing. I'm not a person who would go shopping and kill time. I'm satisfied with what I have. I just do necessity shopping that is it. I laid myself straight on the bed exhausted.