Chapter 42

Author's POV

Alicia was standing in front of Ferris wheel staring up at the people who were enjoying the ride. An adumbration of excitement was gleaming in her eyes watching the wheel rotating and hearing the screams of delectation from the people around her. She giggled catching one of the guys on the Ferris wheel shouting in his friend's ear to scare the s-hit out of her. She was so into the sight that except the wheel nothing was visible to her.

Her glistening eyes were showing how much she wanted to take a ride on the Ferris wheel. It's her favorite ride after all!

Alicia turned back to look at Zayn who was sitting on the bench doing nothing. She went to him and placed her backpack on the bench beside Zayn before standing tall in front of him. Zayn was observing her every movement and the hint of excitement in her eyes. He looked at her face for a minute before asking.

"What?"

Alicia's smile grew wider as she pointed at the Ferris wheel by stretching out her arm. "Ferris wheel is my favorite out of all. I like it so much." She stated the fact with the smile still plastered on her mouth.

"Did I ask you that? Moreover, I'm not interested in what you like or not!" Zayn rolled his eyes before looking away.

"But..." Alicia moved to the side so that she is facing Zayn again. "I want to take a ride. Please come with me? Please?" She pouted in the most adorable way that if someone would say no to her then he/she must be an idiot.

She was looking like a cute kid who was languishing for a ride.

"Alicia? Do you really think that I would go with you on a ride?" Zayn spitted. He abruptly stood up causing Alicia to slightly jump back. He pointed his finger at her before saying.

"Listen girl! Do not over react by giving me these f-ucking cute looks okay? Just...." He clenched his jaw. "Leave me alone!" He barked before walking away.

Alicia remained frozen for a moment in her place as Zayn's words hurt her already broken heart. She swallowed the emptiness down before closing her eyes briefly.

The poor girl is trying so hard since morning to bring the playful and warm hearted Zayn back but is failing miserably. Her hopes and trust slowly start to vanish.

Zayn's rude behavior is so much for her easily breakable heart to take. Her false convincing to herself that he will be back sometime soon is the only hope left in her.

'No! I'm not gonna lose hope. I'm strong.' She solaced herself.

She sighed before opening her eyes. She looked at the Ferris wheel and moved towards it again. She again started to look at the people who were relishing the pleasurable moment.

"What if I'm alone, I can go on a ride alone right?" She mumbled to herself looking up at the wheel. "Yeah, right!" She cheered to herself like a kid.

Her obsession for a ride was apprehensible by her only. She bit her lip before walking to the ticket counter. She collected her ticket and waited for the ongoing round to finish. She was sad that she was alone but the excitement for a ride overpowered her sadness and a smile came up on her face.

When the round finished she stepped ahead to occupy one of the capsules. Every capsule was like an open carriage having a support rod in front to keep a person safe. She adjusted the support rod properly in front of her for a safe ride. Looking around at the guys and girls chiming in glee, she giggled. She pouted a little watching every capsule occupied by two people but her. She wished Zayn to be there to accompany her. The sound of the electric motor excited Alicia more and she gripped the rod in front of her tightly. Slowly and steadily, the wheel started to move and instinctively, the screams of people came alive.