{×~61~×}

_____
Axel
Medical room

Axel rushed into the bedroom in the polis tower where Abby was working on Ace in, Abby stood there with a grim look on her face. "I'm sorry, we've done the best we could. There's a chance, she won't make it through this."

Axel wanted to shatter into a hundred pieces once he heard those words, once those words fell from the doctor's lips.

"C-could I..have a moment with her?" Axel asked, trying so hard to keep his composer. Abby nodded and left the room to inform the others of Ace's dying condition.

______
Abby
Hallway

"No matter what you hear, do not enter this room. Do not let nobody enter." Abby said, holding the handle of the closed door and looking at the guard that was standing outside of it.

The guard had a confused look on his face as he nodded his head in understanding before Abby walked off.

_____
Ace
Medical room

Axel slowly walked up to Ace's bed, "g-god...why you?" Axel said as tears stung his eyes. He bitterly chuckled as he realized how much he had to say but had no idea how to say it.

"Remember when we were 4? We made a promise." Axel slowly sat down in the chair that was next to the bed, grabbing ahold of his sisters hand. "Do you remember it?"

Axel squeezes his sister's hand a little, tears falling down his cheeks. "We promised, we would never give up on each other. We wouldn't stop holding each other's hand. In doing so, you promised to never let go of my hand."

"I know, we don't make promises. There was no one to ever make them with." Axel said as he sniffled. "I really believed that, but I didn't realize how much I held onto that one promise we made."

_______
4 year old Axel & Ace
Flashback

Ace and Axel was curled up together in the corner of their cellblock on the Ark, Ace was tracing the rose on the wall with her finger tip as Axel's mind was racing.

"Hey Acey?" Axel called out, Ace turned her head to look at her older brother.

"Hm?" Ace said, looking at her brother smiling a little at the sight of him.

"Could you make me a promise?" Axel asked, looking at her as he grabbed her and gently squeezed it.

Ace softly smiled at him, her pale blue eyes shining at him as she did a small nod. "What's the promise for?"

"Promise me, we won't ever stop holding each other's hand. I don't want to walk down a road where you aren't with me." Axel said, tears filling his vision.

Ace furrowed her eyebrows, never seeing her brother so down. She smiled sadly at him. "I promise."

______
Axel
Medical room
End of the flashback

"I told you, I didn't want to go down a road where I walk down it without you, I meant it. I meant it with evert inch of my being Ace." Axel said, sobbing a little. "I still don't want to walk down a road without you,"

"I know, we spent months away from each other, b-but, I knew you were still holding my hand." Axel said with a small smile on his face, laughing just a bit before losing the smile and silencing his laugh. "But, if you do this time, it won't be the same."

"So, I ask of you, one more thing. To open your goddamn eyes!" Axel yelled, struggling to keep himself calm. "Just, open your fucking eyes, Ace! It isn't that fucking hard! I promise you it isn't!" He yelled, breaking down into tears and sobs.

He sat in the chair in slience for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts and dry his never-ending tears.

"I thought, maybe when all this is over, the fighting for our lives, the abuse we used to get and sometimes still do. I can have my sanity back but, I can't do that without you Ace." Axel said, his voice calm but his mine and heart was a raging roar of so many emotions, he never felt before.

"How the hell can I live without you? I may have done it once before, but don't expect me to do again because I fucking can't!" Axel said as tears begin to fall again and he let out some sobs. "You are my everything! Your are my other half, my missing piece. Don't leave me here."

"I think back on the memories when there was just the two of us, when we first got here. We ran away from the everyone. Skycrew, the grounders. Living in a cave." Axel said, chuckling a little.

______
Axel & Ace
Flashback

Axel and Ace walked through the woods, Axel holding a spear as Ace carried a bow and arrow.

"I can't believe you scared away the only deer we've seen!" Ace exclaimed with a small chuckle.

"Okay, Ace! I sneezed. Leave me alone!" Axel whined as they both fell into a fit of giggles.

"That caused you to fall over?" Ace questions with an eyebrow raised at her brother.

"Shut up!"
______
Axel
Medical room
End of flashback

Axel chuckled at the memory, wiping his tears. "Listen, Our life is so messed up. We're just kids but we are expected to be the heros and treated like curses but we went through it together. I can't do it without you, I won't." Axel said.

Axel clenched his fist, anger causing his body to shake. Bringing more tears up to the surface and roll down his cheeks as he begins to breathe heavy.

"Wake up! Wake up!" Axel yelled, falling onto the floor and sobbing. "Goddammit, Ace listen to me! Wake up!"

"You can't do this, you can't.." Axel said as he fell to the floor, darkness taking over his vision.

______
Abby
Medical room

Abby sighed as she walked back into the room, she looked at Axel who was unconscious on the ground.

She walked over and picked him up, she walked to the door and stopped at the door. "It's okay not to be okay."