Chapter 82

thoughts on the other choice for the cover of this book? idk i made this one after i made the original and there's something off about it that i don't like.

maybe it's izuku's hair that got split in half 😭😭

but there's something you can have if you want :)

enjoy (• •)

𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎

a few days had passed since we learned the truth.

with decent breath control, you steadily make your way up the rock wall, using flawless precision to avoid falling.

the pro heroes that teamed up with sir nighteye were doing their best to pinpoint the location of chisaki, shei hassakai's young head and his daughter eri. until then, we were on standby.

being the first to make it to the top, you steady your breathing and look down on the rest of your friends who were right on your tail.

and we were under strict orders not to say anything about our work studies to anyone.

izuku makes it to the top and together, you look down at the tiny dots that are your classmates. they've been watching your every move, studying in silence how you gracefully move and make perfect decisions on the fly.

"you can really tell who's started their work studies huh?" jirou comments, watching her classmates climb up the wall. "they picked up some tricks while they were away from here." bakugo says before stomping closer to the wall.

"HEY! what have you been learning? tell me!" bakugo demands, pointing at kirishima who's the next to make it to the top.

"sorry we can't!" he yells back.

kirishima, uraraka, asui, izuku and myself. everyone who was there at the conference will be apart of the operation to save eri.

"man rai sure left them in the dust didn't she? it seemed like forever until at least midoriya joined her at the top." kaminari comments as tsu and uraraka take their breaths at the top.

"she seems more focused lately. maybe it has to do with her work studies." tokoyami tunes in.

"ever since her lash out, she's been talking less and less. interacting with us less and less." sero says in slight sadness.

when i say leave me alone i mean leave me alone.

i said i'm fine.

shut up.

"yeah..and smiling less." momo smiles sadly as the group eye you who's standing tall at the top.

"am i the only one thinking that her new vibe is bringing like...how she was at the beginning of the year?" sato asks.

"yeah it's kinda sad." jirou says.

"man i thought we brought her out of her sulky shell! i miss the other y/n!" mina whines.

fuck off and go away! i don't need you!

fucking hell...GET OUT.

'y/n..i wish you would stop trying to be independent.' shoto thinks, staring at the ground instead of the top of the rock like the rest of the class. your words and actions that one night replays in his mind on loop. is there anything he can actually do to help you?

you seem so lost.

leave...you being here makes everything worse.

just leave...