¤Bible study and gossiping ¤

Jendayi Gbeho ^^

"Did you hear that Sister Smith's husband was cheating with Alyssa," An old woman sitting behind Jendayi stated.

She arrived at the church but couldn't hear too clearly what the Reverent Manely was saying because of the two old church gossipers behind her. She was going to move but got curious too, so she stayed behind.

"She speaks too highly of her husband so I guess she deserves it," the other lady replied, Jendayi knows she was rolling her eyes without looking around.

They continued to talk while Jendayi continue to listen. She knows it's wrong to gossip it's in the bible. But She wasn't the one doing it, she didn't mind listening though. She wouldn't tell them to stop cause she knows what they are going to say to her already and it's none of her business.

"Hey what did I miss," Deshawn asked putting his hand around her shoulder. She removes it before answering him.

"I didn't really hear what they were saying because I was listening to Sister Pat and Sister Gloria gossiping." She whispered then giggle.

He chuckled "what were they talking about."

She told him whispering everything from the beginning to the end. They missed out on every single thing the pastor and the members of the church were saying.

"That young woman, Alyssa was a whore anyhow so it was no surprise to me," everyone knows that was true even her own father, the pastor.

"She got it from her father," Sister Pat said, Jendayi and Deshawn were trying hard not to burst out in laughter.

The two members of the church continue to gossip while the two continue to listen.

"OK everyone that's the end of this bible study, remember to pray to the good Lord and read your bibles," Reverent Manely said, he was taking over for the pastor today.

The small congregation got up and said amen, making their way out of the church.

"Do you want to come over for dinner today," Deshawn scratch his neck nervously while asking.

"Yea sure just let me go home and have a shower," she smiled at him then both of them walked off together.

Do you all like Deshawn or not?

Comment and vote, please.

Thank you for reading my book.