¿Home¿

"So why did you come back," her brother Amari asked.

"Shut the fudge up and let me solve this maths problem," Jendayi rubbed her head out of frustration.

Jendayi was back in her country, Ghana, about a week now. She went back to her online studies catching up on what she missed.

Her brother was pestering her, asking her a lot of unnecessary questions about why did she come back. She wasn't going to tell him or anyone in her family the truth. That would only cause more trouble on her side.

She simply lied saying she misses her family and wanted to take a break from everything and she had asked God's forgiveness. Of course, her brother didn't believe her.

"Come sis I know you wouldn't just come here out of the blues," Amari said and smirked.

" Ek het jou net gesê hoekom hou jy nie die mond nie, " Jendayi talked in her mother language. She mostly only used it when she was angry or frustrated.

(I just told you why don't you shut the hell up)

"I just want to know the truth, no need to be aggressive," he held his hand up.

"I told you already Amari," she said got up walking to her bathroom. She slammed the door before her brother could utter another word.

"I'm gonna find out one way or the other," he muttered before walking out of her room.

I wonder how Lorenzo doing Jendayi thought.

She would think of Lorenzo now and again. He was her only friend back in Germany. She hoped he didn't get in trouble because of her. She would feel guilty if anything had happened to him.

She looked into her bathroom mirror and shake her head. She brushed her teeth and took off her bonnet and put on a shower cap.

She took off the weave when she had arrived in Ghana. It took her an hour to wash her hair. She had to detangle her hair, deep shampoo, and deep condition.

She had flattened ironed it and put her hair in a messy bun.

Jendayi turn on the shower and waited until the water was at 90 degrees to step in.

She leathered her rag with unscented dove body wash. She leathered her body with soap from head to toe and cleansed her body properly.

She rinsed off and wrapped a towel around her before stepping out of the shower.

She dried off and lotion her body with coco butter moisturize. Jendayi put on her underwear and pick out her outfit which was consist of a black crop top, baggy blue jeans, and a white Reebok.

 Jendayi put on her underwear and pick out her outfit which was consist of a black crop top, baggy blue jeans, and a white Reebok

She sprayed on some Lavender perfume and put a blue bandana over her straight hair.

"Jendayi," her mom called her.

"Ma," she shouted back.

"Jendayi."

"Ma."

"JENDAYI," her mother called her a little bit louder.

"YES MA," Jendayi shouted back. She didn't hear her mom calling again only heels clicking on the boards.

Her mother, Mrs Gbeho, burst through the door with a belt in her right hand.

" Dogtertjie hoekom antwoord jy my nie as ek jou bel nie," her mom walking towards her with the belt.

(Little Girl, why do not you answer me when I call you)

"Ma I answered," Jendayi chuckled nervously.

"OK ma I am in front of you now, what do you want," she asked backing away from her mother.

"Don't get smart with me," Mrs Gbeho told her daughter.

"I am sorry ma what do you need," Jendayi said.

"Nothing I just wanted to tell you I am going to the market, do you wanna come," she put the belt around her neck and stared at her daughter waiting for her response.

"No mama I'll stay."

"Well, you coming whether or not."

"Why did you ask then," Jendayi hissed under her breath.

"What did you just say," her mom took off her heels aiming it at her.

"Nothing ma," Jendayi grinned and took up her bag.

"That's what I thought," her mama kissed her teeth and slammed the door.

Jendayi rolled her eyes and sighed. She never liked to go to the market away. She rather stayed at home and eat ice cream and watch Netflix.

"Jendayi come now," her mom yelled from downstairs.

"Coming ma," she run down the stairs keeping a few because her mom was an impatient woman.

Comment and vote.

Thank you for reading.