The past continues

"Ma going to kill me," The two girls were now sitting on the streets talking about life.

"Just take out the nose ring when you're home and put it back in when you're going out, "Cassy suggested.

"Yea that's a good idea," Jendayi held her head in her hands.

It was now three in the morning and the two girls were sitting at the same spot for hours.

"My head is killing me," Cassy cried.

"Same but I warned you and you drag me in your mess," Jendayi mugged her.

Cassy frowned. "We both messy then cause you followed me."

"Nah your just a bad influence," Jendayi massage her aching head.

"Thank you," Cassy said sarcastically.

"You're welcome by the way I am sleeping here tonight I can't fucking walk my coochie is hurting me still," Jendayi took off her jacket and lay down on it.

"Might as well practice cause you might end up homeless when your mom sees what you did," Cassy laid her head on her friend's stomach.

"We really look like some homeless bitches though," Jendayi runs her hand through Cassy's curly thick hair.

"Hot homeless bitches," they both laughed.

No one was on the streets, it was so silent if a pin drops you could hear it. The two girls weren't lost or anything they knew exactly where they were.

"You know I love you right Cass," Jendayi sincerely said to her best friend.

"You're like a sister I never had," Jendayi continued.

Cassy fanned her eyes fanning away the fake tears" you're making a hoe get emotional and shit."

Jendayi laughed at her overly dramatic friend. "Let's go home babe before your mom calls my shit-face aunt," Cassy hissed.

"Five more minutes," Jendayi sighed out lazily.

"No we've been here for hours now and I want to go home and shower then cuddle in my warm bed, "Cassy dragged Jendayi up and she whined behind her friend following her.

"We look like two prostitutes," Jendayi cringed.

"I don't see the other one," Cassy replied.

Jendayi sucked her teeth and push her friend before turning in the direction of the club that they were recently at, which was now closed.

"Yo wait up you know my ass can't run why are you walking so damn fast," Cassy breathes out trying to catch with her friend.

"No shit," Jendayi muttered.

They were a little drunk but not out of it like before. They were a bit somber up now.

"JENDAYI WATCH OUT," Cassy screamed pushing her out of the way. Two loud gunshots rang through the air and everything went blank.

Jendayi ran to Cassy to see her in a pool of blood hardly breathing.

"Cassy stay with me please," Jendayi cried out.

"I love you Jendayi Gbeho, you got some much to live for," her friend smile touching her cheek with her bloodily hands.

"You too I can't lose you," Jendayi took the car keys out of Cassy's purse attempting to get up.

"No please even if you did drive me to the hospital I would be dead by then," Cassy coughed out.

"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT," Jendayi screamed at her, rocking back and forth with Cassy in her arms.

"You have so much to live for I don't, you know what you want to become in the future I haven't figured that out yet, you know what you want and desire and I don't, I rather give up my life for you than anyone else," She smiled at Jendayi.

"THIS IS ALL MY FUCKING FAULT MAYBE IF WE HAD TO GO TO THE HIGH SCHOOL FETE NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED," Jendayi yelled out as angry tears rolled down her cheeks.

"It's not your fault baby girl, the person who did this is theirs I love you and always will, promise me you will not blame yourself for my death," Cassy squeezed her hand.

Jendayi shakes her head and cries harder. Her best friend was dying and she couldn't do shit about it.

"Promise me Gbeho," Cassy intertwined her bloody hand with Jendayi's.

"I promise Cassy I promise," she chocked out.

"Thank you remember to live your life to the fullest and fuck what people say and think," Cassy closed her eyes taking her final breath.

Jendayi screamed out until she couldn't anymore. She look at Cassy's lifeless body and cried hoping her best friend would wake up back but she didn't.

"I will never forget you, Cassy," She whispered as she hugged Cassy's lifeless body.

One minute your laughing and the next minute you're gone. Life is too short to hold grudges. You can forgive people but never forget what they did to you. You forgive them but the pain is still there.

No one is perfect and we make mistakes. Sometimes we learn from them and sometimes we go back and do the same shit.

We should enjoy every second, minute, and day of our lives even if our life is fucked up. Sometimes bad things happen so good things can come.

"I'll never forget you Cassy and you will always be my partner in crime even though your gone," Jendayi cried taking out her phone and calling the police.