59. Midnight adventure

It's spring, so it's not too cold despite being in the middle of the night. There are of course not a lot of people around and it's nice and quiet. Just the two of us. I remember walking this road on my own while planning to take my own life, and it's fascinating how different I feel now. I'm happy, and what makes it even better is that I have my one true love right next to me. 

"It's nice out," Seokjin says when he looks at me. He probably saw the pleased look on my face. 

"It's very nice. Maybe we should do this more often."

"Take a walk in the middle of the night?"

"Not necessarily in the middle of the night. You know, just go somewhere together. Alone."

"Sounds ominous."

"It was meant to sound romantic."

He snorts at me.

"I know, I was just kidding," he says with a cute smile and gives me a gentle pat on the back. "Where would you like to go?"

"Honestly it doesn't matter. I'm happy just being with you, Hyung."

My honesty makes him shyly look away.

"JK, why are you being so forward all of a sudden? It's not like you. You're supposed to be shy and timid."

"I am, but I can't hold back my feelings for you any longer."

"...But if you had to name a place to go, where would it be? Anywhere in the entire world."

I have to think about it for a moment.

"Maybe somewhere tropical? Hawaii seems like a nice place to visit. Or perhaps Bora-Bora. I dunno. What do you think? Where would you want to go?"

"Bora-Bora sounds nice. Let's go there someday."

"Really? Just the two of us in that case?"

"Really. But first let's find my phone so I can manage my business and earn some money."

"Right."

We continue walking in silence, a comfortable one thankfully, and I glance at him every so often just to bask in his beauty. Being with him really feels like home. It doesn't matter where we go, my place will always be by his side. I grab his arm to get his attention and when he turns his head I swiftly lean in to kiss his soft lips. He tenses up for less than a second before relaxing and accepting it. His lips follow me as I pull back and his eyes glitter with both surprise and joy.

"W-what was that?" he says.

"A kiss for my beloved."

"JK, are you forgetting that we're supposed to be friends?"

"No, but I think my heart is ready to be something more than friends again. And besides, you liked it."

He huffs.

"Duh. Of course I liked it." He takes my hand while looking at the ground with a pout. "I've missed being with you."

Before I can say anything else we arrive at the front door of Seokjin's little café. It has a sign above the door that says ABO. His whole idea about the café is that anyone is welcome, regardless of who they are or what they identify as. Therefore he named it ABO. It's a beautiful concept, and he has executed it really well too. All the customers always look relaxed and comfortable here. Seokjin unlocks the door and we step inside. 

The inside is decorated in a neat and clean, modern style with wooden furniture, white walls and lots of plants. It feels a bit different being here at night though. I reach for the light switch but he stops me before I get the chance to turn the lights on. I give him a questioning look while he just shuts and locks the door behind us.