10. A discovery

Even several days later I'm still pondering over why Seokjin would be using a scent blocker. I did some research (which gave me some weird search history) and found out that it's not any kind of scent blocker either. It the strongest kind available. That's why it removed my scent almost completely from just lightly using it once. 

But it makes no sense! Seokjin is a beta and shouldn't have a scent at all! Why is he using a scent blocker? Either he's lying about being a beta, or... I don't even want to think about it... He could be seeing someone and be using the soap to get rid of their scent so that others (like me) won't notice. But that doesn't make much sense either. The scent I felt from him was definitely that of an omega and he hadn't left the house all day. He couldn't have seen someone. 

This is driving me nuts! Should I just ask him about it? No, he'll think I'm being nosy. Perhaps there's some other way to find out? Like perhaps if I got really close to him before he showers, or maybe if I... i-if I... so that the smell gets stronger... FUCK! I can't even think it! Too embarrassing. 

With no real plan in mind I make my way towards Seokjin and Yoongi's bedroom. Just sitting around doing nothing makes me anxious. I'm about to open the door when I suddenly remember the addition to rule number six: Knock before you enter. I knock gently on the door and hear Seokjin's voice from the other side telling me to come inside. 

Seokjin is lying on his bed watching something on his phone. To my relief Yoongi isn't here. He's probably out on a job again. 

"Did you want something?" Seokjin asks without looking up from his phone.

"Just wanted to hang out I guess. I'm a bit bored."

He hums and pats the spot next to him on the bed for me to come lie down. He rolls over to his side and I make myself comfortable behind him. I see now that he's watching an action movie on his phone and I scooch a little closer to better see what's going on. It's not the first time I'm chilling with him on his bed like this, and we're all pretty open with skinship, so I gently place my hand on his thigh and he doesn't seem to care. 

"What are you watching?" I ask.

"Avengers," he answers and the conversation ends there because he's too into the movie. 

The movie is alright, but I can't really focus on it. I want to find out about the smell. I'm close enough to be able to tell that he smells like the soap, but I want to know if there's something hiding underneath. 

I have a plan, but it might end up with him hating me. I need to take it slow so that I can abort the mission if needed. 

With careful movements I start gently rubbing his thigh with my hand. He doesn't tell me to stop or anything so I keep doing it for a while. Eventually I get bored doing it and move a tiny bit closer to the inside of his leg, but still making sure to keep it innocent. He shuffles a little, but doesn't complain, still keeping his eyes solely on the screen. I feel a little more adventurous and slide my hand to his lower stomach, making small circles on top of his shirt. Slower than a snail I start travelling downwards with my hand. 

It takes several minutes before I even reach the border between innocent touches and not-so-innocent touches and Seokjin either doesn't notice it at all, or he doesn't mind. He just stares at the movie playing on the screen- Hold up. His phone is lying unattended on the bed. The movie must've ended already. 

I take a moment to assess the situation and I realize that I've been so focused on what I'm doing that he could've just been lying there not saying anything basically the entire time. Is he waiting for me to stop? Does he like it? Why isn't he doing anything? I can't see his face from here so maybe he fell asleep without me noticing?