42. Life goes on

On my way home from the pool I bought some flowers to decorate our new kitchen table. I carefully rearrange them to look as perfect as possible for when Seokjin gets here. It's strange having a place for just the two of us and sometimes I miss having the others around. Though they're not very far away since we live right underneath the old apartment and I can literally hear Hoseok's steps when he's dancing in his room. Yoongi and Namjoon come around several times a week to help fix this place. When we first moved in it was in an awful condition, hence why no one has lived here in a long while. It's still not great by any means but it's livable. Biggest problem is that it's very cold, but we get by with thick clothes and huddling together at night.

One and a half year of dating and I still get excited at the mere thought of being with Seokjin at night to the point where I almost crush the poor flower in my hand. I give it a quick apology and put it back with it's friends in the vase. The best perk of living with Seokjin here is that we get a lot of alone time if you know what I mean. It blows my mind that he's mine. My mate. Fate was definitely on my side when deciding mates. I hated being an alpha but knowing that Seokjin is my omega makes it all worth it. I like to think I became an alpha just so we would be compatible.

I hear the distinct sound of the door unlocking and leave the flowers behind as I hurry out to the hallway to greet my boyfriend. Seokjin works for a big company and is almost always tired when he gets home. I'm not really sure what kind of work tasks he has aside from reading papers, but I know it's my job to cheer him up when he gets back here, even if I myself am tired from the rigorous training I go through every day in hopes of reaching the Olympics.

Seokjin's shoulders are slumped as he walks through the door and it doesn't even take a second before he sighs deeply. It seems different from the usual though. His scent is thick with worry and distress. I wait until he's put down his stuff before walking up to him and gently massaging his neck. He closes his eyes with another sigh.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He doesn't seem very keen on answering and I settle for just giving him a hug instead. To my surprise he almost immediately pushes me off. As I give him a confused look, something tickles my sensitive nose. The scent of an alpha. I take another whiff in the air but there's no mistaking it. Someone has been close enough to leave their scent on my omega. There's a slight anger building in my chest but I know I shouldn't jump to any conclusions. I'm not like other alphas, which is both a blessing and a curse. I have more self restraint than I should. Even if I want to kick the ass of whoever this alpha is, I know better than to get in a fight. Seokjin notices my darkened expression and I see him looking a bit ashamed. He looks off to the side and nervously adjusts his collar.

"It's my boss," he explains. "He clearly knows I'm an omega since I've made no effort to hide it and recently he's been getting a bit touchy."

"Touchy?" I question right away.

"Yeah, he's been overstepping some boundaries and I can't tell him off unless I wanna get fired. I'm not the first this has happened to and just last week a girl was fired for yelling at him. I guess that's why he's coming after me now."

The disgust on my face is blatantly obvious and Seokjin seems a bit worried as he glances at me.

"What kind of freak would act like that? It's totally inappropriate. You should quit."

His mouth falls open and he quickly shakes his head at me.

"What, no. JK, I can't quit now. I need this job and you know it just as well as I do. The bills aren't gonna pay themselves and we're in the middle of a renovation."

"I'll just get a job on the side."

"And how will you keep up with both school and your training if you do that? Not an option."