23. Not meant for each other

The thought of troubling Seokjin hurts me. I stagger a little when my heart beats so hard I can feel it in my entire body. Jimin supports me before I can fall, but I quickly regain my balance. Everyone stares at me in shock.

"Dude, what's wrong? You acted weird this morning too," Namjoon says.

"I dunno. Maybe it's because I haven't eaten all day?" I say and they all gasp in shock.

"You haven't eaten all day even though you went to school and had training?" Hoseok asks. "That's madness! You have to eat something right away!"

They bring me into the kitchen and force me to sit down at the table.

"I'll heat up some of the dinner for you," Jimin says and starts loading a plate with way more food than I'll probably be able to get down in one sitting.

The rest just awkwardly stand around me and I notice Seokjin staring at my feet, probably because my socks are bloody and dirty. I cautiously pull them in underneath the chair and he frowns at me. I frown back and he seems a bit surprised by that, but goes back to the same expression very quickly again.

"JK, you need to do something about your feet. It can't be good to be walking around without shoes," he says, but I just look the other way ignoring him.

I feel him glaring at me for a good moment before he walks out of the kitchen. I carefully glance after him, but stop when I realize what I'm doing. Why should I care about him? He doesn't care about me. He just thinks of me as an inconvenience, a random kid that he has to take care of.

Namjoon crouches down next to me so that no one else hears what he says.

"It's Seokjin-hyung, right? That's why you're acting like this?"

"I- Yes? No? Maybe..."

"There's that ambiguous answer again, but just know that ignoring each other will solve nothing."

"There's nothing for us to solve," I mutter.

Jimin places the heated plate of food in front of me and Namjoon gets back up again. I start digging in right away and the food really hits the spot. I feel warmer already.

"OK, so why did you throw your phone out the window?" Yoongi asks. "I'm not mad, just curious."

It's kind of hard to believe that when he has his arms crossed and is clenching his jaw. He's definitely mad because he knows he's going to be the one to change the window.

"I got angry," I say quietly while poking around in the food.

"About what? What made you mad enough to break the window?"

"A lot of things, mainly-"

A sudden urge to cough makes itself known and I turn away from the table and cover my mouth with my hand in order to not get germs everywhere. It's more powerful than I expected and my throat hurts afterwards. I sit back up properly and the others look at me as if they're a little scared.

"What?" I ask.

I see that they're all more specifically looking at my hand and when I glance down I see why. I just coughed up blood. The lady on the street was right. This is going downhill fast. Maybe I should've let her help me after all.

Seokjin returns and slams down a first-aid kit on the table, successfully startling everyone in the room. He has a serious expression.

"I'm gonna fix your feet whether you want me to or not," he says with determination, but he's met with nothing but silence.