28. Join me

I'm hastily pulled out of my dreamland when someone wakes me up by shaking my shoulder. I groan in annoyance and roll over to the other side, but the person shakes me yet again. I swat the hand away and screw my eyes closed to try and not lose the sleepiness.

"I'm not snoring, Hoseok-hyung, leave me alone," I mutter and pull the covers tighter around my body.

"It's me, you idiot. Wake up."

That voice is most definitely not Hoseok's. I crack one eye open and the room is almost pitch black. I take a peek at my alarm clock and it's 6 AM. Why the fuck would someone wake me up this early, especially when I was planning on sleeping in?

"Come on, I don't have all day," the voice says and I look back over my shoulder to try and see who it is.

My eyes are not adjusted to the dark yet, so I only see a silhouette next to my bed. Could be a demon for all I know. I rub my eyes a bit and squint to try and make out a face. Oh shit. It's Seokjin.

"Jin-hyung?" I say in a raspy voice. "What are you doing here? It's so early."

"I need you to come with me. Get dressed."

I hear him walking away and when he exits the room the light from the hallway blinds me. I shut my eyes and hide under the covers for a while. When I resurface I'm not completely sure if that actually happened or if I dreamed it. I mean, why would he need me at 6 AM?

I decide that it's best to get out of bed and check just in case. After throwing on a gray t-shirt and some matching sweatpants I found on the floor, I walk out into the hallway with my hand shielding my eyes from the light. I'm so tired I can barely keep my eyelids from falling down.

"There you are," Seokjin says, and it's first then that I notice him leaning against the wall on the other side of the hallway.

"What is this about?" I ask, but it mostly just sounds like a muddled mess since I literally just woke up.

"I have to get to work and preferably I want to get there quickly so that I'm done before your swimming buddies show up."

"......OK? ...What does that have to do with me?"

He sighs.

"I want you to walk me there."

I run my hands over my face in an attempt to get rid of the sleepiness while I process what he said.

"What?"

"I said I want you to walk me there."

"Like I said: What?"

"Are you dumb?"

I slap myself lightly on the cheek to wake myself up and I open my eyes widely to look at Seokjin and adjust to the light. He has his arms crossed and frowns at me.

"You want me to walk you to school? Like... right now?" I ask.

"Oh my God, yes. Finally you get it."

"But, Hyung, I don't have training today, remember? I got suspended."

He rolls his eyes at me and starts impatiently tapping his foot.

"I know you don't have training, but I figured since I'm going there early you can practice some on your own before they get there. I'm the one with the keys after all, so I can let you in. Sounds great, right?"

"But I don't feel like training right now. I was planning on sleeping all morning until it's time for school to start. I don't have classes until after lunch so I'd have to walk home again unless I want to waste my time in school. On top of that I shouldn't be walking much with my ankle since it still hurts quite a bit."