9. Family meeting

My gut was right. As soon as I got home from the training all the boys gathered around the table in the kitchen and Namjoon took down the list of rules from the fridge. I figured this would happen.

"Alright," Namjoon says and lays down the list in front of me on the table. "Some of us know why we're here and some of us don't. Jungkook could you please read out the rules for us?"

Is this some kind of plan to embarrass me even further? I've seen these rules several times a day for three years. I know them by heart, and in my defense I've basically never broken one of them before. I already know what I did wrong. It annoys me, but I start reading the rules out loud for everyone to hear.

"Main rules of this household. 1: Everyone in the house must help with dishes and other necessary things around the apartment. 2: No smoking or drugs in the apartment. 3: Don't invite people over without the others' permission. 4: If you're up late try to be as quiet as possible so the rest can sleep. 5: Don't use other peoples' things without permission. 6: For the sake of everyone living here, please do the private things... in private..." 

After reading the last rule I feel my face visibly become red as a tomato, so I put my arms up on the table and hide my face. I might look like I'm crying or something, but honestly I might as well because I've never been this mortified in my life before. I wish I could go back in time and stop myself from ever looking at those pictures in Seokjin's car to begin with. 

"Hey, are you OK?" Jimin asks and pats me on the back.

I don't answer because the truth is that I'm not OK, but if I say that they'll all feel bad and I don't want that. 

"Actually, he's the reason we're doing this," Namjoon explains. "It's a good time to look over the rules again."

"Why? What'd he do?" Hoseok asks. 

"Taehyung, if you would," Namjoon says and as if this is some kind of business meeting I hear Taehyung standing up at the other side of the table.

"Yes, sir! At approximately 10.30 AM I walked into the shared bedroom of Hoseok, Jimin and Jungkook to look for one of said residents who ditched me this morning and let me go to school all on my own. Quite mean if I may say so myself."

"I said I was sorry," Jimin mutters. 

"Yeah well, anyway... I walked into the room and saw Jungkook openly beating his meat on his bed. A sight that might've scarred me for life. This clearly breaks rule number six of the house rules and I suggest a reasonable punishment would be to kick him out." 

I snap my head up and look at him with big eyes.

"What?! But this is my first criminal offence!"

Taehyung giggles at my reaction and sits back down at the table.

"I'm joking, I'm joking~ We wouldn't want to kick you out, Kookie!"

Yoongi pinches the bridge of his nose and looks very done with this whole situation.

"OK, so have I understood this right? We're having a meeting because Taehyung walked into their room without knocking and saw Jungkook jacking off when he was alone? Isn't Taehyung the one at fault then? If Hoseok and Jimin weren't there then what's the problem?"

"Yes, Taehyung, shouldn't you have knocked first?" Jimin asks. 

Taehyung looks flustered by the sudden blame.

"B-but he shouldn't be doing it there in the first place!"

"Exactly," Namjoon chimes in. "What rule number six means is that you should only do it in private, in other words: The bathroom. It's the only place around here that has a lock so no one can walk in like Taehyung did today."