43. Betrayal

"Alright, I'm leaving," Seokjin says while already halfway out the door.

I hurry on over there and quickly pull him in for a tight hug. I rub my face against the scent gland on his neck and he giggles at me while making futile attempts at pushing me off.

"What are you doing? That tickles."

"I'm rubbing my scent on you."

"Uh, OK? Why?"

I pull back and give him a serious look.

"Because maybe it'll make your creepy boss stay away from you. I have to show that you're mine."

He's a little surprised but soon a teasing smile forms on his already perfect face.

"Possessive, are we? Alright then, rub your scent on me all you want but make it quick. I don't wanna be late."

I gladly take him up on that offer and pull him back into the apartment to push him against the wall. I want to really cover him with my scent. He's been more happy and receptive this morning and maybe it's because of our fight last night. I'm not very happy though. His boss is in the back of my mind constantly like an annoying mosquito I can't get rid of. I hate having to send Seokjin off to go back there. Hopefully he'll finally take the hint that my omega isn't interested. If the alpha doesn't back off even though Seokjin smells like me then he's basically asking for trouble. And I'll give him trouble if he asks for it.

⩶ΑβΩ⩶

The entire day in school and during the swimming in the evening, I can't focus properly. I get yelled at constantly by the coach but I really can't help it. What if Seokjin is being molested right now? Or... what if he's willingly agreeing to things he shouldn't?

In the end I have to get out of the pool early since I'm performing so poorly. I walk back to the showers with a heavy heart even though I know I shouldn't be feeling this way. Seokjin told me yesterday that he loves me and his actions doesn't go against that. Why am I starting to doubt him? Stupid Namjoon should've listened to Yoongi about me being impressionable. If he'd never brought it up I never would've thought about it in the first place.

I get dressed and start heading home. It's almost winter and that's why our apartment is so damn cold all the time. Maybe it would've been better if we'd stayed with the others until the renovations are complete. Only reason we moved out in the first place was because Yoongi got sick of me being in their room all the time. And maybe also because our "intimate moments" weren't as intimate as we thought when the other five suddenly conducted a family meeting to complain about us being too loud. Seokjin got really embarrassed and I agreed on moving out to make him happy. Because it was either that or to stop having sex when anyone else is home and there's no way I'd give up on that. There's almost always someone there, which means we'd never get to be alone and thus no sex. It's worth living in a refrigerator since it means I at least get Seokjin all to myself whenever I want.

⩶ΑβΩ⩶

To my surprise the door is unlocked when I get home. Seokjin must've gotten off work really early since I'm also early right now. I enter the small hallway and right away I detect his heavy scent coated with sadness. What in the world? I follow his trail to the empty living room where I see him sitting on the couch with his head hanging low. What is he so upset about?

"Did something happen?" I ask and his head immediately snaps up at the sound of my voice. His scent eases up a whole lot, but he can't fool me. I can still tell he's distressed. Nervous even. What did he do?

"Oh, you're home already," he says with a feigned smile. "I wasn't expecting you so soon. Did practice end early?"

He continues talking for a while, but it all fades into the background when I see it. A mark. There's a mark on his neck. Right on the scent gland, slightly hidden behind the collar of his button-up shirt. I sure as hell haven't put one there. Someone else put their mark on my omega.