45. The reason

My head feels like a scrambled egg when I wake up. I'm warm despite not having Seokjin's arms around me. I pat the bed to try and see if he's still here but instead of feeling his side of the bed I'm just touching air. I slowly open my eyes and instead of a freshly painted ceiling I see posters of random basketball players. The dots finally connect and I understand I'm in Yoongi's room. 

"Woah, he's really out of it."

"I've never seen him that drunk before."

"Yeah, cuz I don't think he's ever been that drunk before. Yoongi-hyung found him out by the road."

"Hey, look! He's awake!"

I come to my senses and realize that Namjoon, Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung are all standing next to the bed, watching me with curious eyes. I groan and cover my face with a pillow.

"Go away," I mutter. "What ever happened to rule number six?"

"The door was already open so we didn't have to knock," Namjoon responds. 

"But do you all have to stand there staring at me?"

"We just wanna know what happened," Jimin says. "I found Yoongi-hyung sleeping in the couch earlier this morning and he said it's because you stole his bed. I went to take a look and, man, you're fucked up. What were you doing last night? You know, besides sprinting next to a death zone."

"Ugh, just ask Yoongi-hyung if you want to know so badly."

"We wanted to but he's sleeping right now and I don't want to get myself killed. Like you apparently wanted last night."

They snicker a bit together since they probably think it's funny seeing me like this, but honestly maybe I did want to get myself killed. Wouldn't make much of a difference. Die quickly by a car or die slowly by heartbreak. The end is the same. 

"I just went out for a drink or two," I say.

"Anyone can tell that's a lie," Hoseok says. "If something happened you can tell us."

I'm about to answer him but I get interrupted by a sudden urge to cough. I accidentally let it out onto Yoongi's pillow and as I remove it from my face I see a red stain. He's not going to be happy about me ruining his bed. Upon looking at the other's horrified faces I realize I might have bigger problems than just worrying about Yoongi's bed. 

"Again?" Jimin says. "Wait, did Jin-hyung actually kick you out? Is that what this is all about?"

I don't want to have this conversation again. I throw the pillow at him and crawl in under the covers. 

"Just leave me alone."

"How did you manage to piss him off enough to get kicked out?" Taehyung asks. "He didn't even do that to me when I offered to iron his shirt and accidentally set it on fire. And trust me, he was pretty mad back then."

"He didn't kick me out. I left voluntarily."

"But why would you leave?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. Now go away before I get angry."

"This isn't even your room though."

"Go away! I mean it!"

They consider doing as I tell them, but ultimately stay for a while longer. I feel Jimin's gaze on my back through the covers.

"Why don't you wanna talk about it? You can tell us anything, you know that."

"I know."

"Then why?"