37. All or nothing

After explaining to the others why Seokjin and I slept with each other despite saying that we weren't going to, everyone in the apartment knows about all his secrets. He looked very nervous and scared when telling them, but I think he's relieved now that they know. I'm just glad he's deciding to open up, not that he really had much choice when Jimin keeps pressuring us for details. 

"And you'll stop using the drug?" Namjoon asks. 

"I dunno," Seokjin answers with a sigh. "I haven't thought about it yet."

"What's there to think about?" Hoseok asks. "Why would you want to start using it again? No one cares if you're an omega. Sure, there aren't many other male omegas out there, but they do exist. I don't see why you need to hide it in the first place."

"Exactly," Jimin chimes in. "Especially not now that you and Jungkook are-"

I shush him and cover his mouth just in case. I still haven't told Seokjin how I feel and I'm not about to let Jimin do it for me. Jimin licks my hand to make me let go of him and I wipe the spit off on his shirt. We glare at each other until something lights up in his eyes and he snaps his fingers. 

"No way! You guys fucked, but you didn't tell him-"

"Quiet!" I say and cover his mouth again. 

Jimin says something else, but it only becomes muffled sounds behind my hand. 

"But really though, why would you want to keep using the drug?" Yoongi asks while giving me and Jimin a stern look to try and get things back on track. 

"It's complicated. The decision wasn't mine to begin with, and honestly it's easier to live as a beta," Seokjin answers.

"But you're not a beta."

"No, but the rest of the world thinks I am. It even says so on my documentation papers."

The room goes silent from his casual statement. 

"Wait, you forged your papers?" Namjoon asks. "But I thought you said the only time you'd been in heat before was during your presentation? They fill out the information about the subgenders right away, so how can it say that you're a beta?"

"Uh... long story," Seokjin says with a shrug. "Either way there are a lot of things I have to take into consideration before deciding what to do, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards not using the drug."

I let out a cheer of joy, but quickly stop when no one else joins me. I awkwardly lower my head to let them continue talking. 

"How do you even get these drugs anyways?" Taehyung asks. "Shouldn't that be pretty damn expensive? Working two part-time jobs is barely enough to pay your tuition, so surely you can't afford buying that stuff?"

"No, I don't buy them per se. They get sent to me."

Everyone looks very confused by that. 

"What do you mean?"

Seokjin sighs and glances at me before leaning forward in his chair.

"I guess I might as well tell you guys everything. You know the big company that sells heat suppressants and shit?"

"Of course, it's kinda hard to miss," Hoseok says. "There are billboards and posters about it everywhere. They have monopoly on the entire business at this point."

"Yeah, well... the founder of that company was my grandpa and the current owner is my dad."

I actually gasp in shock, and I'm not alone. All of us are shocked by his confession.