27. Family meeting nr. 3

"OK, so let me see if I've understood this right," Namjoon says as he paces back and forth along the kitchen table as the rest of us watch him. "Seokjin-hyung got punched in the face, and then you tried to murder the guy who did it by throwing a bench at him, and as a result you got suspended from the swimming team for a month. Is that correct or did I miss something?"

When he puts it like that it does sound very bad. I'm so grateful that I didn't completely get kicked out. Being suspended for a month isn't that bad considering I said I was planning on drowning Philip. I would've done it too if they hadn't stopped me. The coach could've reported me to the police, so I really got away easy this time. 

"That's pretty much it, but I also have to pay for the floor and bench that broke in the process."

Namjoon stops his pacing and almost freezes in place as if he can't for the life of him accept what I just said. 

"Let's run through it one last time," he says, even though it's the fourth time he's said that now. "You, Jeon Jungkook, tried to kill a man because he punched Seokjin-hyung in the face. Is that correct?"

"That is correct," I answer. 

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"Jesus, calm down," Yoongi says and pulls Namjoon down to sit on his chair again. 

"BUT HE TRIED TO MURDER HIM!"

"Yeah? If anything that guy deserved it. He shouldn't go around punching people."

Namjoon sighs and hides his face in his hands as if he's about to cry. The poor guy is having a mental breakdown because of what happened today. He shakes his head in disappointment.

"You guys are way too accepting of this shit," he says. "I just can't wrap my head around it."

"Eh, I don't see the problem," Jimin says casually. "I bet he was just flexing to Seokjin-hyung about how strong and-"

"That's enough of that," I say and cover his mouth to stop him from exposing me any more than he already has. 

"But, Hyung, you were there. Why didn't you stop him?" Namjoon asks.

Seokjin seems a bit taken aback from the question and the rest of us look at him expectantly. I'm actually curious to know what he was thinking. Maybe he just didn't think much of it in the moment? I sure as hell didn't.

"I mean, why would I want to stop him?" Seokjin says with a shrug. "I got punched just because that guy had an attitude problem when I was just trying to do my job. My face is this household's most priced possession, so Jungkook did the right thing."

The rest of us giggle a little at Seokjin's reasoning while Namjoon just looks more lost and confused than ever.

"Don't any of you realize how serious this situation actually is? Jungkook got suspended from the team for a month! A month! That's a long ass time if you're an athlete! And how is he supposed to pay for the things he broke? He doesn't have any income aside from the little money his parents sends him. And how will his teammates be able to feel comfortable around him after he almost drowned someone?!"

The table goes silent after Namjoon's outburst. He's right of course. This is a serious matter. How will I be able to stay in shape and keep up with the training all on my own? And I don't have the money to pay for the floor or that either. Heck, I couldn't even pay for the damn window so Yoongi did it for me. I might have to get a job. I'm not too worried about the teammates though. It's not like we were that close to begin with, and if anything they hate Philip just as much as I do. If it had been one of them that tried to drown him I wouldn't be too upset.