19. Stepping up the difficulty

I was a little scared that Seokjin would be letting his scent run free while we're at the pool, but of course he doesn't. That'd expose him right away. The only times he doesn't use the scent blocker is when we're at home all day. It's been a week since he started doing it, and I honestly think I'm used to it by now. It's a little heart racing when he sits right next to me on the couch and stuff, but I can pretty much handle it perfectly nonetheless. Now it feels strange when he doesn't have his scent, almost as if something's missing. 

Since it's been a week I'd say I've completed stage three, which was to get used to his scent around the house. I'm curious as to see what he's come up with for stage four. It could be anything. I can't tell what's going through his head at all. 

I've just gotten back from training at the gym when Seokjin peeks his head out from his room. He must've heard the door and figured it was me. I haven't even taken off my jacket before he signals for me to come into his bedroom. 

It's finally time for the training again. I'm kind of excited actually. I've been doing well on the previous things, so I'll take on anything he throws at me. 

I step inside and close the door behind me. He's already waiting for me with the collar in hand.

"Put this on," he says and gives it to me.

"Do we really need this though? I'm used to your scent already. I can control myself."

"We'll need it," he says right away.

"W-why? What are we gonna do?" I ask while putting the collar on. 

If he's certain we're going to need the collar then I'm honestly a little scared of what's about to happen. Seokjin fiddles with the remote and I'm terrified he'll accidentally press the button, but thankfully he doesn't. I'm starting to get nervous and right then he look up at me with a serious expression. 

"I'm going to touch you," he says, not really asking for permission, but rather just stating that he's going to do it.

"What?!" I say out of reflex and my cheeks heat up from the indecent thoughts in my head.

"Not like that, you idiot!" he says and smacks me in the head. 

"Oh."

He clicks his tongue with an annoyed look.

"I knew there was no good way of saying it," he mutters. "What I mean is that I'm gonna touch you, in a completely normal way mind you, and you're not gonna react, OK? If I sense any weird changes in your scent I'll press the button and we'll try again."

Wow, so in other words I'm going to be electrocuted over and over. How the hell am I supposed to not react if Seokjin is touching me?! I freaked out when he touched me even before I presented. This is never going to work. 

"Hyung, are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask. "My neck is gonna get burned."

Seokjin snorts at my comment and dismissively waves his hand. 

"Are you really planning on reacting that much, JK? It'll be fine. I realized the problem with the collar being too strong last time. Apparently it's on as long as you press the button, so even though it was on the lowest setting I kept the button pressed for longer than needed. I'll be more careful this time."

"OK then..." I say, even though I'm not convinced at all that this is a good idea. 

Being electrocuted doesn't scare me that much, it's rather the fact that Seokjin will realize how much I react to him even from just the smallest touch. I've thought about what Jimin said about me being obvious with my feelings, and this might be a dead giveaway.