52. There's no way

They both stare at me in shock, Seokjin possibly even more so than his coworker who just got attacked out of the blue. My body shakes with rage. This scoundrel tried forcing himself upon my loved one. I don't take that lightly. I will drag him with me to the depths of Hell.

"H-husband?" the alpha says. "You're kidding."

"You fucking wish I was kidding," I reply in a low tone. "You got two choices: either you run away like the coward you are or you fight me to the death right here right now. I'll give you three seconds to make your move."

"To the death?! Are you insane?!"

"Oh yes, very much so. Time's up. Get ready to die, motherfucker."

It's not often you see an alpha get scared, but the fear is obvious in his eyes as I approach him. I know very well that running away isn't an option in his head though. He's a prideful man and they are not the type to admit defeat. I know his kind very well. He'll pretend to fight me in the beginning and then try and pull some nasty trick to throw me off. Either that or he'll admit defeat first when I'm choking him against the frozen ground. He can never win over me though. I will never admit defeat in this situation. Call me weak and a pathetic alpha all you want, but I will at least protect Seokjin until the end. 

He squares up and successfully dodges when I swing at him. I throw a couple more punches but he avoids them all. He's quick on his feet, I'll give him that. 

"What's wrong, pal? Are you even trying?" he taunts me. "You're like a slug!"

"Shut up."

I charge at him to do a tackle but he hits me right in the face with a quick jab. The hell, is he a boxer or something? I stumble backwards and he takes his chance to punch solar plexus, immediately emptying out my lungs. I double over with a pained gasp and I hear Seokjin's petrified sound from the sidelines. This is so uncool of me. I've never been in a proper fist fight before and it's showing. I thought it was just to swing at them, but I guess technique is important too. Technique that I very much lack since I'm not a fighter. 

He kicks my shin with the heel of his shoe and I lose my balance. It's all he needs to topple me over and sit down on my stomach, giving a few punches to the face for good measure. My head hits against the asphalt with every punch but thankfully nothing hurts too much since I'm numb from the cold ever since stepping out the door. The adrenaline helps with the pain too. He laughs while smiling wickedly. 

"You're a pretty lousy husband, you know that? I gotta say, I really did think he was lying about you. This is almost more fun in a way. Not only do I get a beautiful, male omega but I also get to take him from someone else. How does that feel, huh? Losing him in a fair battle. If you beg me nicely I might consider letting you off easy."

This time it's my turn to laugh at him. His smile disappears the moment I wrap my ice cold fingers around his thick neck. I squeeze without holding back, but unfortunately I'm not in peak condition right now. Not at all in fact. It's still enough to make him choke though.

"Didn't I tell you this is a fight to the death? You're gonna have to kill me if you want him. I will never give up no matter how many times you strike me down."

"You're... fucking crazy..."

"No, you're the one who's crazy for thinking you could mark him and get away with it. He is my mate. Always has been and always will be."

He claws at my hands but I stubbornly hold on with all my might. The skin of the back of my hands eventually rips at his attempts of getting free and the pain makes me falter a little. He notices right away and gets up on his feet, not even catching his breath before kicking me in the stomach as I lie on the ground. He's outraged at me for making him look so pathetic. The kicks keep coming and I eventually manage to grab a hold of his leg and pull on it to make him fall. He hits his head on Seokjin's car on the way down and it results in a loud thud. Might've cracked his skull open, might not have. I don't want to leave it to chance and so I grab him and hit him against the car again. The car door is dented for sure, but Seokjin can pay for the repairs with the money I leave behind.