36. A painful sight to see

A strange dream plays in front of my eyes. I see myself and Seokjin standing happily together holding hands. He's beautiful as always. He puts his arms around my neck as if to pull me in for a kiss, but before our lips meet he's grabbed by a group of faceless people. He screams for me to help him as they drag him away from me. The faceless people call him all kinds of names. Monster, freak, a mistake, and a failure. I try to run after them, but someone is holding me back. I look back to see who it is and to my surprise I see Seokjin holding my arms with a grim expression. Behind him are the other five guys in the apartment, all wearing composed expressions. Suddenly there's a sharp pain in my heart and I feel my throat burning. It's because I know I'll never see the Seokjin that was taken away. My heart is breaking. 

I toss and turn in my sleep to try and wake myself up from the scary dream. I start returning to the real world, but the pain is still there. Something moves next to me and when I open my eyes I see Seokjin frowning while looking like he just woke up. 

"Could you stop that? First you snore like an elephant and now you hit me in the face with your elbow. I'm trying to sleep here you know."

"Sorry, I didn't think-"

The burning in my throat gets worse and I stop talking when I have to cough. I'm forced to sit up and Seokjin watches with a scared face. The cough is so strong that I'm a little worried my lung might jump out or something. I cover my mouth with my hand and my heart almost stops when my palm gets wet. The coughing ceases and to my horror I see blood on my hand. I glance over at Seokjin and he stares at me in shock. I clear my throat and grab some tissue from Yoongi's side table to wipe my hand. 

"Sorry," I say quietly. 

"What the hell are you apologizing for?" Seokjin asks.

"I woke you up. I didn't mean to. I was having a bad dream and wanted to make it stop and then I start coughing out of nowhere. It's calmed down now, so you can sleep if you want to."

He just frowns at me for a few seconds before punching me on the arm. I rub my aching arm in confusion.

"Are you stupid?" he asks. "How can you apologize when you've done nothing wrong? Lie down."

When I don't immediately do as he says he forces me down on the bed. His hand feels warm on my chest, and I realize we're still naked underneath the covers. I blush a little from the thought of it, but Seokjin has other things to worry about. 

"Are you hurting?" he asks softly while making little circles on my skin with his fingers. 

"I, uh... n-no?" I stutter in response. 

"OK, that's good at least. What was the dream about?"

"It was just a nightmare. I'm totally fine now, so feel free to go back to sleep."

His eyebrows furrow again and he shakes his head.

"I'm not gonna go to sleep after you coughed blood, JK. Also you elbowed me in my beautiful face which really woke me up, so I can't sleep even if I wanted to. Did you dream about that girl? Is that why you coughed?"

He looks so sad and he runs his hand up and down my pecs as if to soothe me. I on the other hand am just confused though.

"Jin-hyung, why do you keep mentioning a girl?" I ask. 

"Because you're heartbroken?" he says as if it was obvious. "I figured some girl you liked must've dumped you or something."

"What? I've never liked any girl, much less been dumped by one."

Seokjin seems a little surprised by that.

"So... you got dumped by a boy?" he asks. "I didn't know you were gay. Or... I guess you have to be into boys considering we..." His words trail off and he seems to be thinking hard about something.