29. Willpower of an anime protagonist

Seokjin clings to me until the very moment he's unlocked the door and we've stepped inside the sports building. He walks much more relaxed towards the staff locker room and I awkwardly follow him since I don't know where to go otherwise. He takes off his jacket and just like I expected he's not planning on changing to his uniform. 

"You can wait here if you want. Hopefully I won't take too long," he says before going through the door leading to the pool. 

Am I imagining things or is his face really red now? Maybe he has a fever?

Having nothing in particular to do I just sit on a bench and either whistle or sing short melodies that pop up in my head. I'm not that great at singing in my opinion, but the guys at home have made it their goal to always praise me whenever they happen to hear me singing in the shower. They see it as encouragement, but I just find it embarrassing knowing that they heard me when I didn't want them to. 

But right now I'm all alone. Heck, aside from Seokjin there's probably no one else in the entire building, so I take my chance to practice my vocal chords a little.

"Will you stay by my side
Will you promise me
If I let go of your hand, you'll fly away and break
I'm scared scared scared of that

Will you stop time
If this moment passes
As if it hadn't happened
I'm scared scared scared I'll lose you~"

The acoustics in the locker room are actually pretty nice and my voice echoes all around me. I sing song after song while waiting for Seokjin to come back, but eventually I run out of good ideas and end up lazily humming Christmas carols instead. After a while I get bored with that too and decide to lie down on the bench to check my phone. 

I'm not even sure what work Seokjin does around here, but does it usually take this long? Whenever I check up on him during training he's mostly just walking around doing seemingly nothing. 

WAIT! What if he fell into the pool?! Actually nah... He can swim just as good as most people. I hope... No, he definitely can. ...Or can he?!

I somehow manage to make myself worry for no good reason and I stand up while pacing back and forth while wondering if I should go up there and see if he's alright. I'm filled with such a deep worry out of nowhere. I know Seokjin can swim, I've seen him do it countless times when we've gone on trips during the summer, so why am I freaking out all of a sudden?

Just as I decide that I'm going to check up on him just in case, the door to the pool opens and Seokjin steps inside. I feel so utterly relieved when I see that he's alive and not drowning helplessly at the bottom of the swimming pool.

"Hyung, what took you so long? I was starting to worry that something-"

I stop blabbering right away when I notice how sick he looks. He sways back and forth as if he's about to fall over any second and his breathing is ragged. He supports himself against the wall as he walks towards me and I rush forward to catch him before he crashes to the ground. He pants heavily while holding on to my arms in order to be able to stand up at all. 

"I thought I'd be able to finish everything since we were here so early, but one of your stupid alpha teammates showed up. It was really difficult to... do my work while he was there. I kept... looking over my shoulder to make sure he didn't notice. It's a good thing I wore your clothes to... mask the scent..."

"What do you mean?"

Seokjin doesn't answer and instead just looks up at me. I don't know how to react even when my brain fully registers that his irises are completely blue. I stand there like a fool while Seokjin shudders in my grasp and digs his nails into my arms.