1. A bothersome feeling

The name's Jeon Jungkook. 18 years old, about to be 19, and I live in Seoul with a group of friends since three years back. I'm currently training to become a professional swimmer. I've been going to university for a few weeks already, and I can tell this is what I want to do in life, however I'm a little bit sad nonetheless. Since the university isn't that far from our apartment I have no reason for the others to come pick me up after school anymore. It sucks. 

My high school was a lot further away so one of the guys with a drivers license had to come pick me up. The best part of my day was to see if Seokjin was the (according to him) unlucky one who needed to come get me, and more often than not I was met with his handsome face when I entered the car. I miss those days already. Now I don't have an excuse to be alone with him as often.

It takes only 15 minutes to walk from the university campus to our apartment building. The exterior doesn't look very appealing with it's dirty and unpolished white paint, but it's the inside that matters right? Our apartment takes up the entirety of the second floor of the building. It has three big bedrooms, a cozy living room, a (fairly) modern kitchen, two bathrooms and a small balcony. Might sound like a lot, but we're seven boys living here so sometimes it still gets a bit cramped.

The others have told great tales of how Namjoon and Yoongi renovated the entire place basically all on their own. Apparently it was a pile of garbage that was about to fall apart and that was the reason why Namjoon got it so cheap. He bought it from a relative who was in desperate need of money and decided to fix the place up. I'm forever grateful that he did because it means we can all live together like this. 

I put my bag down on the floor in the hallway and can hear voices coming from the kitchen and living room respectively. It might be annoying for some to always have people around, but I like it. It's what I'm used to and these guys are like my family. 

"I'm home!" I yell out while taking off my shoes, not really expecting an answer.

Almost immediately Jimin appears in the hallway holding a whisk in one hand and wearing an apron splattered with some kind of food. 

"Great timing, Jungkook! Hi by the way. We need you to settle an argument for us!"

"Why? Did something happen?" I ask as I follow him through the living room and into the kitchen. 

It's unusual for any of us to fight. Of course it happens sometimes as it does with all people, but it's still a rarity. 

"Look!" Jimin says and points at the sink full of dirty dishes. "That's the problem!"

"Yeah? So?" I ask in confusion, not knowing what he means. 

Aside from the tower of dirty dishes there's a pretty cake standing on the counter and when I look over at the table there's a bunch of food lined up, either already cooked or it's being prepared to be cooked. Sitting at the table are Seokjin who's cutting up even more vegetables, and Taehyung who's literally just sitting there. What's with all the food?

"Seokjin-hyung and I have been cooking all day and he's just been sitting there," Jimin says and gestures at Taehyung. "He hasn't helped at all so the least he can do is to do the dishes!"

Taehyung looks offended by Jimin's accusations while Seokjin doesn't even look up from the vegetable he's cutting.

Ah, I want him to at least say hi to me so I can see his beautiful smile. Oop. Caught myself being gay again. Can't let it show too much or I'll get in trouble.

"I've helped!" Taehyung says in his defense. "I picked out all the plates for you to present the food on!"

"We'd already chosen which ones to use yesterday, you just brought them here when we told you to!"